No one around me is supportive.

Options
I'm 24 and I live with my fiancé. He's skinny and can eat anything he wants and burn it off easily (for now), and he doesn't really care whether or not I lose weight or not. On the other hand I DO care. I want to be fit and feel good and look good too! I just wish that I had a little more support from the people around me. I live in Seattle and I try to work out at least 3 times a week and I try to eat healthy too. Since March of last year I have lost 46 pounds but I flatlined as of September when I went to Hawaii and had my birthday, now I'm working on losing the OTHER half of my pounds!

ANYWAY! What I need is support, since I don't get it from the people around me much. I would love to be friends!

Replies

• msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    probably not so much non support as just not relevant- if someone doesn't share your struggle they may not know how to support.
    Either way- that is what makes us successful here, we share the same goals, to be healthier, to get/stay fit, and to make real lifestyle changes. Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • Jenniferleighftw
    Jenniferleighftw Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Makes sense! He doesn't know what I'm going through. And that is why I joined this site, everyone here seems like they're here for the same thing pretty much, and they're supportive to boot! :)
  • plaingirly
    Options
    I am lacking in real life support too. My friends and colleagues are trying to tempt me with food and snacks.

So grateful for this site!! :smile:
  • Sarahkov12
    Sarahkov12 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My hubby's not supportive either! First of all, he's never needed to lose weight. Secondly, I've fluctuated much of my adult life and was bigger on my wedding day than I am now so he insists( and I do believe) that I'm beautiful to him no matter what I weigh. Having said that I don't like the way I look and I know that I will feel better if I lose weight, thats why I LOVE mfp! I have lots of friends to support me every day. I look forward to reading everyones posts every day, I'm kinda addicted! lol. If you need someone to be your buddy and want a friend that will cheer you on every single day, sign me up! I believe we all get what we give and I need a lot of motivation, so I like to give a lot of motivation :)
  • Jenniferleighftw
    Jenniferleighftw Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! I now weigh less than I did when I met him but I don't know if it shows differently now than it did then or something because I feel like I don't look the same. But I just need encouragement to keep going!! :)
  • kokoforskinny
    kokoforskinny Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    When I started my diet I weighted 200 lbs. I started MFP 2 weeks ago and I started it at 193. I am now at 183.5. My husband is not behind me with my healthy change. Not because he is skinny just because he don't think I need to loose weight. He is in definate need of loosing the weight he is over 200 and just do have a care in the world. So I know how you feel.......I will friend you.
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Y'all can add me. I'm here everyday...Dr's orders. I'm a type 2 diabetic and have been here a little over 2 months. I've dropped 14 lbs since I've been here. I still have quite a way to go but I'm in this for the long haul.

I've also been taken off my insulin recently...which is another reason I will be staying. Good luck!

E
  • kokoforskinny
    kokoforskinny Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Y'all can add me. I'm here everyday...Dr's orders. I'm a type 2 diabetic and have been here a little over 2 months. I've dropped 14 lbs since I've been here. I still have quite a way to go but I'm in this for the long haul.

I've also been taken off my insulin recently...which is another reason I will be staying. Good luck!

E

Congratulations on being taken off the insulin. That is something ot be proud of and am sure it will make you work harder. You can add me if you want.