Zig Zag Calories

Options
CM9178
CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
I know that this topic is often posted about but I didn't see any super recent ones..
It seems like I've hit a minor plateau.. haven't lost anything the last two weeks, and I just discovered Zig Zag calories.

Looking back over the past 4 months, it does seem like I had better weight loss when my calories weren't consistent all week. The last two weeks I thought I was doing so good because I was right on target every day, but then didn't see any change on the scale (or measurements).

Today is my third day of zig zagging, so hopefully it will work. I've read a lot about it and it seems like it works for many people!
If you have any personal experience with it, I'd love to hear your story!

Replies

• dalila747
    dalila747 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in trying this method. How has it been working for you so far?
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in trying this method. How has it been working for you so far?

I'm curious as well
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    It worked for me,, But I also did different workout than I was doing.. Changing you your routine my help too.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it right now. I usually have alternate higher calorie/higher protien day, then lower calorie/higher carb day. I just started last Saturday so it's too soon to tell. I have lost 2.4lbs. since my Thanksgiving high, but I'm pretty certain it was just fluid retention. One thing I like so far is that on my low cal days, I am only one day away from eating well. Tomorrow I am having my favorite ham topped cheeseburger, fries and a small chocolate shake from my favorite burger joint. I haven't been able to go there in months!
  • fitness4120
    fitness4120 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    the zig zag method is great for a change. I am currently doing a zig zag method but i am zig zagging my carbs not just calories. This is how I am doing it. On my workout days I will eat a certain amount of carbs usually complex carbs light rice, potatoes, etc. then on my non workout days I will eat mostly fiberous carbs such as green beans and try to cut down my carb intake by about 100 grams or so. the reason I eat more carbs on workout days is because you body needs more carbs for energy. Just remeber that as you lose wieght you have to ajust you calories as well. You can not keep eating the same amount of calories as you were when you started if that makes since. I like to keep my calories up and just add alittle more cardio to burn off the difference. For example if you are eating 1600 calories and burning 250 calories per cardio session then keep eating the 1600 calories and up your calories burned during cardio to 275 per session. it does not seem like much difference but you will continue to loss. Can you give me a breakdwon of the number of of calories including the number of grams of carbs and protien and calories burned. This will help me get a better picture of what you are doing.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    the journal of obesity, or whatever, did a study and found no difference. they determined weekly intake was the deciding factor.
  • acogg
    Options
    Yes, I read that report and agree completely. I am not trying to "trick" my body in any way. I am using it to alternate high cal days so that I can eat more of what I love and so that I am feeding my body for a new more vigorous exercise routine. I'm going to do this for two weeks and see what happens. I'm still slightly higher in weekly cal count than before I started and I would rather starve today for a cheeseburger and milkshake tomorrow. lol
  • acogg
    Options
    Sheesh. I just looked at the date of this post. The OP should be coming back and telling US how it worked. She's had over months to report her results. lol
  • fitness4120
    fitness4120 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I also agree if your goal is to just to loss weight. I am a weight lifter so I want to keep muscle while burning fat so in my case i think that the kind of calories are also important when it comes to keeping muscle mass.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Sheesh. I just looked at the date of this post. The OP should be coming back and telling US how it worked. She's had over months to report her results. lol

LOL IKR.