Bodymedia fit....confused!!

Options
I just got my bodymedia fit armband on Friday and was wondering why I would have exercise calories added to myfitness pal before I have even started my day???

Replies

• es2189
    es2189 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I had the same question!! So confusing. It also seems to add way more exercise calories than I actually burn from exercise, but I guess it's taking into account more than just actual exercise.
  • Snoozypaws3000
    Snoozypaws3000 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Sent you a PM
    Hope it helps
    Sky x
  • Em7b5
    Em7b5 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have the same question. According to my armband, I burned 400 calories at the gym, but when I sync my armband to my computer, MFP will read that I earned an additional 900 calories from exercise. My daily caloric goal is 1700 calories, but with the exercise sync from Bodymedia, MFP has automatically adjusted and says I should 2600 calories. I think it syncs the calories you burn from walking at various points of the day/being alive, as well. Should I eat back the calories from "daily activity," too?
  • lisab0864
    Options
    MFP adds (or subtracts) the BMF adjustment so your calories burned match what BMF says you will burn for the day (if on BMF activity manager hover your pointer over the light blue part on calories burned). MFP is just using the best guesstimate as to what you burn for however active you said you are - BMF "knows" how active you really are. I set MFP up for the highest activity level (very active in daily activities setting) and add in my exercise but on most days still end up burning more than that (today my BMF adjustment was about 600 plus the 400+ for my exercise this morning). If you consistently have BMF additions or subtractions than you might want to change your daily activity level (if possible).