changing your goal settings

Does anyone change their goal settings whenever they lose weight? I go in every time I lose and change my present weight. Are we suppose to or just leave the original weight in there? I noticed every time I change my weight setting my calorie intake goes lower, is it suppose to?

Brenda

Replies

• icus1969
    icus1969 Posts: 17 Member
    Does anyone change their goal settings whenever they lose weight? I go in every time I lose and change my present weight. Are we suppose to or just leave the original weight in there? I noticed every time I change my weight setting my calorie intake goes lower, is it suppose to?

Brenda
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    I checked mine and it has my present weight but it hasn't changed my caloric intake at all? Maybe I didn't do it right? How much did it decrease your caloric intake? It says I should still be eating 1200 calories a day.
  • icus1969
    I go into the change goal settings and follow the instructions like I'm setting up a new account and when I'm finished my caloric intake has changed. I started at 196 lbs. with an intake of 1690 calories, now i'm down to 183lbs. and an intake of 1630 calories. My question is, is my calorie intake suppose to change when I lose weight and am I suppose to change my goal settings every time I lose.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    The less you weigh the less you need to eat, as your BMR is figured using your body weight. Your calorie goal will automatically adjust when you update your weight.
  • Paeonia
    Paeonia Posts: 161
    I checked mine and it has my present weight but it hasn't changed my caloric intake at all? Maybe I didn't do it right? How much did it decrease your caloric intake? It says I should still be eating 1200 calories a day.

It will never go below 1200, if you let it figure it out for you, 1200 is the minimum it will put no matter what.
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    icus -- as you lose weight, your body requires less calories to function. So, yes, you should update your goals as you lose. On the other hand, once you reach your goal weight, you should change the settings to maintenance level or you will continue to lose (or if you just forget about keeping track, you will start to gain :grumble: ).
  • amandagreen1980
    amandagreen1980 Posts: 286 Member
    Hi
    I put my new weight in the check-in area and when i lost 10lbs it asked me if i wanted to change my goal settings, so i think it suggests you change them every 10lbs or so. And yes my caloric intake went down too.
    Hope this helps.
    Amanda
    :smile:
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 823 Member
    Yup, Amanda is right - we will automatically ask you if you'd like to reset your goal settings when you've lost 10 pounds. As your weight decreases, the calories your body burns changes as well which is why we adjust your goals.
  • icus1969
    Thanks everyone, I'm glad to know I was doing it alright. I'm also glad to know it will automatically change every 10lbs.:smile:

Thanks Brenda