Introducing myself here.. My Story.

Options
Hello.. I lost nearly 100lbs on weight watchers in 2002, and kept it off at my goal weight for nearly 3 years. Then, I let the maintenance all go and ballooned back up. Been up 60 lbs, and back down 60... Then back up 30 and back down 30, and recently got back up to 4 lbs under my original hugest weight.. That's about a 90+lb gain in the past 3 years...

So, now here I am starting again... I seem to know lots about the mathematics of dieting and fitness, and how this all works and just have trouble with the drive to follow it through in a long term way.. I remember when I hit goal... The ego feeling of being newly thin, buying all those new clothes and feeling bulletproof as I eventually stopped counting and started going through the drive-thru's again, and then it all crumbled down.. and as I gained I kept tricking myself into thinking "ah, tomorrow I'll climb back on the horse and get it going again".

So, here I am, trying a whole new way, with MFP. This time around I'm trying to have it be less about vanity and more about just living better, and being healthier and actually working on correcting long term habits, instead of just quick fixes for vanity gain.

Looking forward to being part of this community.

Replies

• Linda_Kaye
    Options
    Sounds like you're in it for the right reason this time. Good luck! :smile:
    Feel free to add me if you like.
  • TCondor
    Options
    A very familiar story. I've been in a similar situation. But recently with the support of MFP and the help of a great trainer/educator, I'm back on my way down. Please feel free to send me a friend request if you'd like to share stories, support and tips.

Good luck.
  • WaylonGuitar
    WaylonGuitar Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! Nice to meet you guys!
  • WaylonGuitar
    Options
    Oh, and I should have said.. I'm looking for a similarly minded crowd of buds. So feel free to friend me!
  • superpapa16
    superpapa16 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me...
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I have also been on countless yo-yo diets myself! I really think it is sticking this time! Feel free to add me for support!
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I'm a life time member of Weight Watchers. I've found MFP to be easy to follow and the support here is great! Glad to have you join us!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! It's all about a lifestyle change, not 'dieting'...good luck!!! :-)
  • WaylonGuitar
    Options
    I'm a life time member of Weight Watchers. I've found MFP to be easy to follow and the support here is great! Glad to have you join us!

I've only been doing MFP for a 6 days.. But, I haven't been logging "zero points" foods.. Like celery and lettuce, etc. Cause I never bothered logging zero points foods at weight watchers either. Is that a big deal?
  • eatyourselffitter
    eatyourselffitter Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I just opened my profile today so I'm new and can use all the support I can get. I'm still trying to figure the site out...
  • sunnyheart100
    sunnyheart100 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If you go to settings and diary you can add more nutrients that the computer tallies like sugar and fiber-those free points could have fiber if you care to see if you are getting enough (some fiber does not show up if people did not include it, but I think if MFP put in the item it should have it-the sugar category came up red when I had to much sugar (or you can think this much tracking is OCD
  • erice6911
    erice6911 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    ok waylon it time to take off the gloves. bro we are not 18 any more so, the big mac and shake thing is over, let stock the frig with nothing but healthy foods, excersize. and be strong and healthy for the rest of our lives. add me i m on a mission!
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP, your journey of ups and downs sounds very similar to mine.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I have yo yo dieted for yrs. This time I am taking it seriously and losing this wt. I would like to welcome you to mfp. It is an awesome site and there are so many great people on here. Feel free to add me for support.
  • karag413
    karag413 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Very familiar story, happy to have you. Friends request sent. BEST of luck to you.
  • judiiiiindisguise
    judiiiiindisguise Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Please add me well written and the truth about how it really works with us.
  • redlrider
    Options
    Hello, I'm new to mfp. It's good to know i'm not alone. I mean that in a good way. :) I could have written your story. I've been there many times... after having back surgery i was struggling with my weight never much 15-20 lbs... then i got preg. with a bad back. I'd gained over 60 lbs with my son he's now 21. I never lost all the baby weight and then added a few more lbs. Finally a few years later I got control and with help of meds lost about 50 lbs felt great for a couple years til it slowly started creeping back on then in 2005 I got sick, loads of prednisone and lack of self control I gained 80 lbs later in less than 3 years. It's taken 7 years to get my illness under control and in remission. I'm hopeful with mfp community we can encourage and motivate each other.
  • otkbrat
    Options
    You may add me to if you like. I've been on many diets, atkins, weight watchers, food addicts, slim fast and you name it lol. I've lost 20 or 30 and gained it back and then some. Just cutting down is the key I've found out on my own journey since March. I've lost 65 pounds now. You don't have to give up everything you love but just watch how much. If you have a bad day, then just get back on it the next day. Don't get all depressed cause you screwed up one day. Just forget it and move on.
  • marie_25m
    marie_25m Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! You can do it now:smile: ...you did it before...
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    That horse is so ornery the second time around! :wink: I feel you... this has been my 2nd time around.

You can do it. Welcome to MFP. :drinker: