Down 56 pounds Dreeded 10 more to go!

Options
I am new to this web-site. I am sad it has taken me over a year to find it. I have been working my butt of for just over a year. I have been dedicated to working out at least 3 times a week at Curves and walking 4 - 5 miles at least 3-4 times as week as well. I have dropped 56 pounds so far and needing to lose this final 10. I have been struggling with this last 10 for just about 3 months and it is starting to get old! I am hoping now that I have found this web-site it might help me keep better track of my food in-take and excersice! Anyone have any helpful hints to help with this last 10 pounds?

Replies

• StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    this site will get those 10 lbs off!! also track your exercise and be sure you're eating enough! great job!
  • my2boystx
    my2boystx Posts: 28
    Options
    I am right there with you! I have been working out 6 times a week for a little over a year now and have lost 46 lbs. I need to lose another 15 or so lbs and have been stuck around the same weight for about 2 months now and I too am getting frustrated. Even though when my trainer weighs me it says I have gained like 10lbs of muscle and lost 10lbs of fat, which is great! But us girls need to see the scale go down...lol!
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Debbie, I am with you...i have lost 53 and need to loose 16 more. Do something to shock your body. Do a different exercise! WE CAN DO THIS!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I'm working on those last 10 too. I started looking around and reading about those last 10 and, from what I've been told, they are the most stubborn because your body is holding onto them as a safety mechanism in case of famine (silly body! it doesn't know we have food everywhere!) I was doing about the same exercise as you, but I decide that it just wasn't cutting it anymore and I needed to kick it up a notch. So, I stopped counting my normal 15 miles/week of walking as part of my exercise (I still do it b/c that is how I get to work, it just doesn't get logged) and I both kicked up my circuit training (instead of Curves you might want to mix in some other circuit workouts like the 30 Day Shred series, just to keep your body guessing) and I started training with the Couch to 5K program. I seem to now be losing again. So, my suggestion is, essentially, to ramp up the exercise. Intensify your walks by doing hills. If you are interested, try to start running. Mix up the circuit training too. Find a video or other workout that leaves you a puddle of shaking sweat at the end of 20 minutes and those pounds will start to budge.