have some questions new to the journey

Options
I am new to my fitness pal. I am doing the recommended program but have a few questions. Am I supposed to follow it to the T? I am low on my calories but am over my protein and total fat is this bad?

Replies

• chelsinicole
    Options
    Well it depends, your main goal is keeping to the calories, so if you go over on fats and whatever else, its not as big a deal as long as its not over by a big amount.
  • jenlhugg
    jenlhugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I go over everyday on the protein and fiber, don't worry about that, I just try to watch calories first, but also pay attention to your fat and sodium. Don't forget the sodium.
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    Calories are my real focus. As you get into it, it'll probably get easier for you to keep track in all the other areas, but since you're just starting out, don't overwhelm yourself. Focus on your calories, and as you adjust the kinds of foods you eat you'll start seeing what foods have more of the bad stuff and which keep you under on the majority of your daily goals (including fat, sugar, sodium, etc.)
  • gadgetgizzmo
    Options
    Some things like fiber is good to go over on. It's the stuff like the unhealthy fat that you don't want to go over on.
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I focus on calories and fat. If I go over on the other stuff I don't worry about it! Good Luck!
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    for my last 60 pound loss or so, I have focused on carbs, protein , fat , and sodium, As well as calories. But the first 100 pounds , I just watched the calories. Sodium is a big thing to watch just in general, so watch that! make sure you are eating enough protein , at every meal. you'll figure it all out , it takes some time, but you will get it!