Spaghetti Squash.

Options
megamom
megamom Posts: 920 Member
I made spaghetti today using a spaghetti squash. I have never cooked one before but followed the instructions. The squash was hard. Beyond al dente. What a bummer. So here's what I did. Poked holes in the thing and baked it for a hour at 375. It was still hard so nuked it for 5 minutes. Still pretty firm. Dinner was a drag. So...what did I do wrong.

Replies

• chameleonguy
    Options
    Here's what we do with it.

When we bake it, we cut it in half, and clean out the strings and seeds. Then we put them cut side down on a baking sheet and add a little water around them. Bake at about 375 for around 45 mins. Then we turn them over and then broil for about 5 mins. It tends to come out a nice texture from that.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I should have asked before I ruined dinner, LOL.
  • srajkowski
    Options
    Cut it in half and place cut side down in baking dish and then bake for one hour. That should do it.
  • jdayl
    jdayl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I cut in half, put in glass dish with lid with some water cut side down and microwave covered for 10 minutes I add another minute or two at a time if needed
  • cattiemac
    cattiemac Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    The key is adding some water so that it steams the squash. If I'm in a rush I put it in a microwavable dish with some water and cook for about 15 mins. whereas if I'm not in a rush I put it in the oven at around 400 deg. for 45 mins - 1 hour.