Exercise ‘til the End of the World Challenge

Options
They say it takes 21 days to make a habit stick, so I created this fun challenge to help myself and others develop a consistent fitness routine by Dec 21st. I know the world isn’t actually going to end on Dec 21st, but I figured it was a catchy name and perfect timing.
This challenge is for people like me who work out occasionally but not consistently. The idea is that if you incorporate at least 30 min of exercise every day for 21 days, it’ll become a habit that sticks after the challenge ends. I know that bodies need rest, so I plan to mix cardio, strength training and yoga, but I’m committing to doing SOME form of exercise every single day for the 21 day period.

Here are the rules, let me know if you’re in!

- Write down your exercise plan on your fridge, in your planner, etc. – you have to write it down and plan it out so you know what you’re committing to.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes every day from Dec 1st to Dec 21st (21 days straight)
- Track all of your exercise in your MFP diary
- Normal tasks that are a part of daily life like cleaning or normal walking levels don’t count for this challenge because the point of the challenge is to develop a concrete fitness routine.

Replies

• alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    In! I usually take 1 or 2 rest days per week but I never have a good reason for taking them. There's no reason why I can't do a half hour of yoga at least. I like this!
  • beproudbestrong
    Options
    I am IN!!!! I like this challenge!!! We can do it!!!
  • Denise1224
    Denise1224 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • LMick1986
    Options
    I'm in! Now I gotta create my workouts!
  • jamielynn020610
    jamielynn020610 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'll do it!!
  • LMick1986
    Options
    AND if anyone has some ideas for workouts, can you post them here? It can give a few of us some ideas (this girl!). Thanks!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun, I'm in
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I do this already so easy peasy, I'm in:blushing:

Side note, I was totally thinking of a smart *kitten* remark when I read this, sometime along the lines of I'll need to tell my employeer that I won't be in again until Dec 22nd cause I have to exercise til the end of the world :bigsmile: (work has me so stressed out and tired I'm being stupidly funny)
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    AND if anyone has some ideas for workouts, can you post them here? It can give a few of us some ideas (this girl!). Thanks!

Just saw this now.....
    I usually do the treadmill in the morning (run or jog) then a run outside afterwork on Tues and Thurs and Mon, Wed and Fri I do resistance training in the morning then a run after work, Saturday and Sundays I do a run in the middle of the day and sometimes if I feel like it, I'll throw in some more weights at the gym if the weather is crappy
  • dorlincecum
    dorlincecum Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'M IN
  • teampugador
    Options
    I like it! In!
  • Sondrasr
    Options
    Count me in.
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I'll join this challenge for December! I was in the "work out every day in November" challenge and loved it. I look forward to talking with you all!
  • scarlettesong
    scarlettesong Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm planning on combining running, swimming, and strength training with the swimming going in my normal "off" days because I don't ache from that afterward!
  • maya113
    Options
    im in!
  • LMick1986
    Options
    My Day 1 Workout Plan:
    Complete each exercise one after the other, with no rest in between. After cycle 1 is complete, rest for 90 seconds. Repeat cycle four times. If there is time left over...run, walk, cycle, treadmill, etc for remainder.
    -Twisting Push Ups - 20 reps (10 each arm)
    -Squats - 10 reps
    -Push Ups - 10 reps
    -Forward Lunges - 10 reps (5 each leg)
    -Diamond Push Ups - 10 reps
    -Squat Jumps - 10 reps
    -Static Lunges - 20 reps (10 each leg)
    -Dips - 10 reps
    -Decline Push Ups - 10 reps
    -Incline Push Ups - 10 reps
  • claritarejoice
    Options
    12/1, 12/2 and 12/3: did a circuit training/aerobics DVD each day.
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Naw, it's the End of the World anyway just going to enjoy my last days on the planet. :bigsmile:

Then again, being fit will help if the End of the World is a Zombie Apocalypse.
  • claritarejoice
    Options
    12/4: walked to work and home, took a cardio barre class
    12/5: walked to work and home, ran stairs
  • claritarejoice
    Options
    12/4: walked to work and home, took a cardio barre class
    12/5: walked to work and home, ran stairs
    12/6: walked to work and home, circuit dvd
    12/7: walked to work and home, circuit dvd