How much weight have you lost so far? How did you do it?

Options
13»

Replies

• KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have lost 16 pounds as of March 8th which took about 6 weeks. I am on an eating plan called Prism and I use this web site to track my calories and exercise. I only weigh before I start the next phase so I won't weigh again in about 4 weeks. I work out at the gym on the elliptical for an hour and alternate or add a 1 hour walk 5 days a week. I lose weight very slowly so for me this has been incredible.
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Prior to using MFP regularly I lost 53 pounds on my own. Since joining I've lost another 11, for a total of 64 pounds. The things that help me are not the big, grand changes but rather the smaller, more attainable changes. I drink more water. I park my car further away. I take the stairs. I say no to dessert (most of the time, at least). And I log every calorie that passes my lips.
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    "No, I don't really need those Girl Scout cookies and I really don't want them anyway!"

I know how hard it is to pass up a box of Girl Scout cookies. As a former Girl Scout, I can tell you one thing most people don't know: it's better to pass up on the cookies and donate money instead. It's hard to say no with some big-eyed little girl asking if you'd like to buy a box, especially knowing that it will benefit her troop and the entire organization. BUT if you write a check to GSUSA or an individual troop around cookie time without buying the cookies, the money goes to them directly AND you get a tax break. (The way it works with cookies is that about 30% goes to the bakery; 35% goes to the national organization, 30% goes to the regional organization, and the rest goes to the troop, about 15 cents a box. The troop gets more based on per-girl sales.)
  • ashattack77
    Options
    Well before I go on rambling about myself, I just want to say you all are an inspiration to me! Everyone is doing great... as long you're all losing weight in a healthy matter that is. :) Anyway, I'm fairly new to this website but man from just the past couple days it has been a great tool for me. In my first week of weight loss I weighed 170 lbs; I'm now in the second week so far and I weigh 167 lbs. My "ULTIMATE" goal is to weigh 135-150 lbs. I'm also 5 ft. 7 in. I'm very pleased with my progress and I'm thankful for all of you sharing your stories. Hope the best for everyone! :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I've lost 15 total, 3 since joining MFP last month. I've done it by just watching what I eat, trying to incorporate as much protein, veggies & fruits as I can. I cut out soda, hydrogenated oil (per doctor's orders for my once-high cholesterol) and high fructose corn syrup. I work out 6x/week, strength training 3 of those days and cardio everyday.

My will power has grown and so has my endurance - something I thought might never happen!!!
  • melville88
    melville88 Posts: 137
    Options
    Hey! congratulations everyone on your weightloss- some good ideas on here as well, thanks! I started trying to lose weight at the start of October (2009) and before I joined my fitness pal I lost I think it was 62 pounds- that was up to mid February I think! I've lost 16 more since then, using my fitness pal. So 78 pounds in total over nearly 6 months. Basically I just really cut back on food, I make everything from scratch, really carefully weigh everything so that I know exactly how much I've been eating. I still want to lose about another 50 pounds, i started at 313 (yes morbidly obese, bmi 44.8 :-( ) but now I'm 235 (bmi 33.9 :-) ) but ideally I'd like to be about 180-190. I had a big surge in weight-loss in january/february though because I was on Lansoprazole (which is a medication prescribed for stomach ulcers, acid reflux etc), which limited when I could eat etc; that month I lost literally a stone and a half or something crazy! other than that though, I try not to exceed 800-1000 calories a day but I really don't exercise, all done through diet! xxx
  • msteresa87
    Options
    The bottom line is, that it took you while to get where you are today; it is going to take a while to get where you want to be. That is the motto that I keep trying to tell myself and a statement that I am trying to live by!!!!

Sbilyeu75 you look great, I wish I had taken pictures of myself like you have, you look great, keep up the good work - what an inspiration it must be for you to look at those picture and see the changes in your body - I wish I would have had the guts to do that!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!

You took the words right out of my...keyboard, lol. I agree the pounds arent going to drop off at the same time in one day. It takes patience, motivation, consistency, planning, and just an overall change in perception in diet and exercise. Im gonna try to walk at least 3 miles tomorrow..WISH ME LUCK!!!!
  • srajkowski
    Options
    I rejoined MFP in February. I lost my baby in January at 6 1/2 months pregnant. It was very hard, but I had a lot of people praying for me and my husband. I also have a two year old who is the light of my life. Unfortunately I never went back to my pre-pregnancy weight after having him in Jan 08. I knew that I needed to get healthy so once my doctor gave me the okay to start going to the gym, I started. I have lost 12 lbs since my doctor's appt on Feb 11th. I log my food every day and try and keep my calorie goal. I also go to the gym 3x a week. About a week ago, I started the spinning class at the gym. It is a butt-kicking workout, but boy do I feel awesome afterward!!! My husband also goes to the gym so we are doing this together although he hasn't used MFP yet. I'll get him there yet!
  • skiv
    skiv Posts: 10
    Options
    I started 1 February and have lost 37 pounds. I eat whole wheat and non fat everything and the chicken, pork steak, and turkey burger 2 a week and each serving is smaller than a deck of cards. I exercise on the stationary bike for 40 minutes every night.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!