Another Newbie

Options
Hi All,

I have actually been using the site for about 3 weeks and have already taken off 8 lbs!!! I love reading the posts that give tips and tricks on how to avoid extra calories. Its great to have a place to come to track your progress and see where you can make improvements without being judged or nagged by someone that has been a size 3 since high school...lol. I am going to continue my progress toward my goal and I hope you all do the same! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    hi there! welcome!! congrats on theweight loss! its been 3 1/2 weeks for me as well and im down 10lbs!!! keep up the good work!
    5010 Posts: 59
    Options
    Well done you two i started 2 weeks ago and have lost 4lb this site does work
  • Maysmama
    Options
    This is my second day. So no loss yet that I know of. I am just mainly looking around and getting a feel for it. So far I really like how easy it is to track everything. That is a real help when I'm attending to a 3 month old all the time. They don't seem to understand that Mom is used to some time to herself. Even if it is only to write something down. :)
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    My second day too Maysmama. I too like the ease in tracking food and exercise, and the community here seems quite welcoming, friendly , and helpful. So many great tips and superb advice. I am easing in, mentally preparing for the changes I need to make, and taking on those challenges one by one. Nice to feel like I am not going it alone! I admire you for having any ambition with that 3 month old little bundle demanding every second of your time. I remember those days, and any free moment I got was usually spent catching up on sleep. Good for you!
  • inkedivory
    inkedivory Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thats awsome that you guys are doing so well, I was having trouble when I first started tring to stay within my calorie goal, but now most days I end up a little under. The key for me has been increasing my water consumption.
  • Maysmama
    Maysmama Posts: 2
    Options
    so I have slacked off for too long. Have you all every noticed that when things get crazy and stressful in life the first thing that slips is the weightloss goals?! Well, that's the first one to go for me. I stepped on the scales again today and I don't know which groaned louder, the scale for having my fat backside step on it or me for the horribly number I saw glaring up at me! It was down right depressing. My baby is almost 6 months old and some how I am now more than what I was when she was born!!! EEEKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!! This is aweful. I dodge mirrors, look for long pants and long sleeves, and the thought of summer and swimwear makes me want to crawl under a rock! This crap has got to stop!

So here I am again... with a new mindset and ready to be a "good girl" and remember that I'm doing this for my daughter as well as myself! Here goes!!!
  • kimberlysearcy
    Options
    Hello,

Today is my first day utilizing this site. I am so glad that my friend told me about it. This is just what I need to take my weight loss seriously. I'm glad that this site is FREE!!! I am looking forward to being 20 lbs lighter before June 5, 2010. I am also looking forward to hearing your progress and sharing ideas and stories...Please, call me Kimmie!:blushing:
  • nadinemcavoy
    Options
    Hi,

Its so good to hear about the new ppl that have started here. I only found this place from my iphone which i got 2 weeks ago.

Since i've joined my weight has been up and down like a rollercoster. But as for my weight TODAY .... i've lost 3kgs i think that might be 4pounds - 6 pounds. Sorry i'm bad with pounds. I'm an Aussie and we go by Kg's.

Most days i find that i go over too and would love to hear about how to get my calories to be just a bit under. So far if i'm over i go for a run or a big walk for an hr and half. But as i'm new to the running i cant exactly run very far. but it brings my calories down so I guess i cant complain and i have lost some weight already. Most likely will gain it all by the weekend again. hehe Oh well. I try.

Good luck to everyone else that is trying to change their life for the better.