Alcohol rules

Options
Hi everyone

So what are some general alcohol rules? I'm 19 and a college student (From the UK so its legal to drink and can easily get it cheap which is good/bad!) I used to drink a lot of wine but completely stopped drinking wine since I realised the calories and fat in it. I know vodka is pretty clean but even then its not great is it? I struggle a bit because all of my friends drink 2 or 3 times a week and I hardly ever do. I don't care about getting steaming drunk but sometimes I want just one or two drinks but don't allow myself. How often do you drink and what do you drink? Would it be ok to have a couple of glasses of wine if I limited myself from other foods in the day? So if I plan to drink in the evening..just cut back on my food cals/fat? I'm only 19 and feel I should be enjoying my college years (and yes I do mean a heavy night of drinking every now and then..hey we've all been this age!) but feel I act way too old sometimes and should be more relaxed but I'm scared of the effects on my weight and the way my stomach/abs look

Replies

• lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I read this as Alcohol, RULES!

I drink probably twice a week. I am having a beer now. I don't drink based upon calorie content, but on flavor.
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I drink heavy 2-3 nights a week and I lose weight... slower than I could though. For the most part I choose shots of vodka or vodka mixed with water and lemon juice.
  • _lizzie_
    _lizzie_ Posts: 130
    Options
    If you really want it, make it fit into you calorie goals. I would say wine is a better choice than other alcohols for the other health benefits it has. Personally, I was borne thirty. When I started college I actually dreaded socializing because I'd rather read a book! I do however, enjoy my wine. I allow myself 1 a day, and up to three in one night if I don't have any for two days after. Any more than that and it starts getting unhealthy. I got that from a study done on women though, maybe a man could have one or two more in a night safely, though I think 2 is the limit if you are having it every day.

edit; by wine, I mean a dry red, not anything sweet.
  • Nina2503
    Nina2503 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat my calories as food for my basic allowance and then do a bit of exercise if I know I will be wanting extra calories for something special whether its food or alcohol.

I drink wine at home maybe 3 glasses on a Saturday night, but not every week, If I am going on a big night out or a wedding or similar I will do a fair bit of exercise in the week and not eat all the calories back and save them up for the night out and then drink something like vodka and diet coke or gin and slimline bitter lemon or similar. I avoid alcopops, cider and beer these days

(ps I am not enjoying this cold weather in the UK - we have ice and freezing fog Brrrrrrr!)
  • graced111
    graced111 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I drink two or three nights a week. I love wine but it kills me. I drink vodka and club wirh lemons, limes, and orange slices. I also like jim beam and fresca. It sounds weird but everyone I know now drinks it. With that said I've hit a plateau. Thinking this might be the problem.
  • flobeedoodle
    flobeedoodle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    TOPIC: Alcohol rules

Yep, it sure does. No argument here.