sugar

Options
Hi. I'm new here (i've been her only since feb 28) I'm doing pretty well. Ive lost 12 lbs. My only problem is my sugar is too high. Tonight for example my sugar was 22 over, but i have 66 carbs left and 310 cals. How do you eat all these fruits and veggies and not go over on sugar?

Replies

• skatjon
    skatjon Posts: 29
    Options
    Start eating more veggies and only one piece of fruit a day, it will make a diffence. Also, watch all processed foods... staying away from anything in a box is a good rule to follow! Good lucck!!
  • Aubreygrrl
    Aubreygrrl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I pay most attention to the calories instead of the other stuff
  • sendmoretigers
    Options
    this is one of the more common questions on here. do not worry about sugars in fruit. they are naturally occurring and contained within fibre in the fruit and are released into your body slowly, this makes fruit a good source of energy as opposed to ADDED REFINED SUGAR that is found in processed food which does not need to be broken down by your body and is flooded into your body very quickly providing you with too much energy too quickly. your body then stores that extra energy as fat. eat all the fruit you want, the more fruit and veggies in your diet the better
  • CoachJ77
    CoachJ77 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    this is one of the more common questions on here. do not worry about sugars in fruit. they are naturally occurring and contained within fibre in the fruit and are released into your body slowly, this makes fruit a good source of energy as opposed to ADDED REFINED SUGAR that is found in processed food which does not need to be broken down by your body and is flooded into your body very quickly providing you with too much energy too quickly. your body then stores that extra energy as fat. eat all the fruit you want, the more fruit and veggies in your diet the better

Agree completely. If you are diabetic though, you should really watch how much fruit you have in general and carb consumption too because they will turn into sugar. But keep up the good work!
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Start eating more veggies and only one piece of fruit a day, it will make a diffence. Also, watch all processed foods... staying away from anything in a box is a good rule to follow! Good lucck!!

I agree with this advice - stick with more veggies and more green and leafy vegetables to get the most benefit and least amount of sugar.