Ate pizza today...

Options
13»

Replies

• Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love Pizza.. What a pita place does here is make pita pizza's so I have started to do this at home as well.. I can eat the whole thing and it's less then 500 calories..

What I do..

Pita
    BBQ Sauce.. I don't care for tomato sauce
    Ham
    Bacon
    Pineapple
    Cheese

Bake it in your oven or toaster oven.. It's delicious.. You can do pepperoni and cheese, chicken, whatever you feel like having on it.. Veggies, you name it. Nutritious and healthy..

Thanks for posting this recipe. I used to make pizzas on Orowheat thins and I forgot how good they were. Portion controlled and I could add whatever fresh veggies and proteins I wanted. Super idea for indulging pizza cravings at home.

You're quite welcome...
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Eat it, log it, and move on. Don't order pizza again tomorrow.

I agree...it isn't sensible for daily eating but occasionally it is not a big deal.

This^
  • AmandaCaswell1982
    AmandaCaswell1982 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    The one thing that's awesome about life is... you get a new day to start over every 24 hours. Don't beat yourself up over one day-- make the next a great one. EVERYONE does it and if you restrict yourself too much, you'll just find yourself giving up. Best wishes!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    It's not about dieting or about "black listing certain foods", it's about a life style change of being active and eating less than you burn.

Sounds like you were active and ate less calories in than calories out.
  • josyjozy
    josyjozy Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I love you SideSteel
  • JMJ1983
    JMJ1983 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Well you're doomed, better give up now before you get in over your head!! :laugh:

Seriously, it's everything in moderation. Nothing is wrong with pizza, next time just have a slice (or two) and be done, save the rest for yummy lunches and dinners later.

You can't look at any particular food as being evil or not allowed or you will fall flat on your face and fail miserably.
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    ignore your friends who make fun of you for what you are eating.

This is a lifestyle change NOT a diet. and seriously who would want to never eat pizza again?

I ate half of a homemade pizza yesterday and was still under calories. not.a.single.bit.of.guilt.

Enjoy food. it is not the enemy.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I am 41 months into my New Lifestyle and plan on watching the SEC championship game today with some Wings, Beer and definitely some Pizza!! This is a lifestyle and feeling guilty about food is not a good mindset to be in. You can still have the foods you like, you just need to make sure they fit into your caloric intake and macros and enjoy them. It is all a balancing act we must learn to manage, you'll get there just take it one day at a time..... Best of Luck...
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I love you SideSteel

:angry:
    I saw him first.

and hi Ed!
    I am a big fan!:flowerforyou:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I ate half a pizza yesterday. And at least once a week in the nearly two years I've been here.

Let go of the guilt. It's pointless. You can eat whatever you damn well please, especially if it fits your calories.

And sometimes... you can even go OVER your calories and you'll be just fine, too.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    1st let me say this about your guilt. It's a good thing because is shows you're serious about this. Good for you but don't let it stop you. I've heard lots of stories of people that did what you did and quit. NEVER QUIT.

2nd. if you are just starting out. I alway tell people just starting out to keep a calorie deficit to lose weight and when you get down to that last 10 or 15 lbs we can tweak the diet and cut out more bad stuff. Not everyone can go from eating poorly to a clean diet over night. I couldn't. If you told me 3 1/2 years ago when I started this that I'd HAVE to eat the way I eat now I would have failed. I'd still be 250 lbs or more. Some people have to make baby steps.

3rd. Pizza is probably one on the better "junk" foods. As long as it's a treat and not your normal diet food you'll be fine...move on.

4th. Look at every meal as a battle...win more battles than you lose and you'll win the way.

And finally I'm having pizza today (Sadly not with Ed watching the SEC Title game), as I watch my DAWGS beat up the Tide.
    I howerver don't eat white breads so my pizza will be a whole grain crust...and their may be Bud Light Lime too (haven't decided if I wanna be that bad). LOL

So, there is A LOT of good advice in this thread that should really help you out and congrats on choosing a better way of life.
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Nope! I'm having pizza tonight for dinner and it will fit into my calorie goals. It's not so much about what you eat but how much. You can eat anything you want as long as you're not going over your calories. There is no reason not to enjoy pizza, hamburgers, fries etc as long as it's in moderation and not an everyday thing. This is not a "diet" it's a lifestyle change and I definitely don't want to live a life where I'm telling myself I "can't" have something because it's not healthy. Life is here to be experienced not restricted.
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    First of all, unless you feel guilty about eating all foods, ignore the poster who said that you need help and have an unhealthy mental state. If you feel bad about eating enough to make your organs function and keep yourself alive, then yes, you should see someone, because that can cause serious problems -- but if you feel bad about eating "junk food" or takeout, many of us can relate.

There are people on here who are really hard-core fitness people, and will tell you that you shouldn't be eating that kind of food. For the average person...what is life without pizza? I mean, seriously. How about birthday cake? You shouldn't feel bad about celebrating your birthday, or the birthday of someone you love, just because there may be some unhealthy food. As long as you're still creating a calorie deficit, you will lose weight. I would recommend not eating pizza or fast food regularly (as it is usually high in salt as well as calories, and can create some temporary, yet disappointing water weight gain), but here's the main point: if you make room in your diet for your favorite foods, you're more likely to stick with your food plan. Therefore it is in your best interest to allow yourself *some* wiggle room in what you feel you "can" and "can't" eat. :-)

No worries!
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mdtdyvWNXl1rl63loo1_500.gif

You didn't go over your cals, then no worries. "Dieting" is the wrong way to look at this. You just have to learn to eat properly. And you did!
  • wjimenez10869
    Options
    tumblr_mdeeynbVJL1rg4hnao1_400_zps7fbd2585.gif
    Hahahaha love this, I can so see my dog doing this :laugh: