going out partying tonight, alcohol help?!

Options
ok, so im going out tonight for a friend's birthday
really looking forward to it, getting dressed up and going dancing (good exercise hehe)

BUT

im really worried about what i should and shouldn't drink

i cant not drink, because going out sober is not as fun and i dont feel social if i sit in a club declaring "mineral water please"
im thinking that i just stick to a few diet cokes and vodkas, but is there any other low cal drinks?

is vodka the best choice?
what should i do? lol

any help would be utterly appreciated :)

Replies

• HelenTia
    Options
    Gin and tonic with low calorie tonic is the best bet, vodka next best with low calorie lemonade. Just think in moderation and drink them long so they last - alcoholic drinks are like cream cakes in a glass and the calories add up :(

Have a good time :)
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Google is your friend. All alcohol is about the same. Go straight up, skip mixers. Or, just vodka and water or something. Or, just ahve a ligh beer. The better thing about beer is you can nurse it for a long time vs a drink is harder to nurse, and it's more visible to others, at least for me.
  • armstrong71
    armstrong71 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Website called "get drunk not fat" is pretty good at telling you all the increaded calorie beverages!!
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Any lighter colored alcohols (vodka, gin, light rum, tequila) are slightly less in calories than darker ones (whiskey, scotch, wine, beer, etc), and have fewer compounds that cause you to have hangovers.

A lot of my girlfriends think that a Gin and tonic is the best "diet" drink at the bar...Tonic is soda!! Lot's of sugar in there. Always go with soda water/club soda.

My favorite is vodka and soda water with lime and mint, or whiskey and soda water with lemon.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I like vodka and lemonade, the lemon flavor really masks the bitterness of the alcohol. I have also used rum and lemonade. At home, I have a 15 calorie lemonade I use, but you won't find that at the bar.
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Drink shots. Avoid mixed drinks totally.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    If you treat partying as a special occasion thing, than i say drink what you want, but that's just me, since i rarely party anymore, i enjoy it when i do.

Or go to Colorado or Washington to do your partying. No calories....
  • busycitystreets
    busycitystreets Posts: 64 Member
    Options

Yep, shots! :)
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I stick with vodka soda and skip a meal during the day. I know, everyones going to be like omigod you're gonna die. I don't go out for drinks often so it doesn't really matter.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    If you treat partying as a special occasion thing, than i say drink what you want, but that's just me, since i rarely party anymore, i enjoy it when i do.

Or go to Colorado or Washington to do your partying. No calories....

Yeah right! say that when you got the munchies
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Large glass of water, shot of tequila and take along a single serve of crystal light lemon lime...instant margarita!
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Rum and Diet Cokes are 60 calories each.
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Instant margarita is 74 cals I believe
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options

This. Or just learn to avoid drinking. Water! :drinker:
  • a_certain_shade_of_green
    Options
    spirits and diet sodas if youre worried.

i normally just stick to pints tho cos im contrary like that :smile:
  • Jeffersz
    Options
    My favorite is vodka and soda water with lime and mint, or whiskey and soda water with lemon.

Excellent advice. I drink it straight or with soda water too, both with lime. I'm going to have to give the mint a shot, sounds tasty!
  • strongereverday
    Options
    Yeah the calories are bad, but it's the sugar you want to avoid most.

Beer is the best option for least amount of sugar and same calories more or less as everything else.

But then again... if this is a special night just go all out and have fun. One night of drinking isn't going to make you fat or put on weight. Any weight you do put on will be bloat.
  • katealbright
    katealbright Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I drink vodka and club with 2 limes, <70cals :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you know, i don't go out that often, but when i do, i drink things based on if i enjoy them, not on how many calories they have. here are some of the "best" choices.

Red Wine is approximately 130 calories and ~5-6g carbs. Full of the healthy antioxidants. here is 8 benefits of red wine. http://www.dumblittleman.com/2008/01/8-straight-benefits-of-red-wine.html

NorCal Margarita - tequila, club soda, and lime juice – ~150 calories and ~5g carbs

Whiskey/Brandy/Scotch/Cognac - Full of healthy antioxidants as well. 64 calories and zero carbs.

Vodka/soda or Vodka/rocks with lime – >2g carbs, 66 calories + lime juice (>10 calories)

Bacardi and Diet - 2g carbs, 66 calories. I know, I know, fake sugar and chemicals, but we’re already drinking, right?

And from my favorite healthy living site on the net: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/low-carb-alcohol/#ixzz1uPHRe5bT

“Alcohol as a blood thinner enhances vascular health, and the phenolic content (potent antioxidants) can pack a healthy punch. Research has compared alcohol abstention with moderate and “heavy” drinking. Moderate alcohol consumption appears to lower the incidence of coronary heart disease, type 2 diabetes, total and ischaemic stroke, as well as result in an overall reduction in mortality…Moderate drinking in those over 65 with superior cognitive and memory function. It has also been linked to higher bone density in postmenopausal women.”

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/05/10/alcohol/
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    you know, i don't go out that often, but when i do, i drink things based on if i enjoy them, not on how many calories they have.
    ^This.

I slam back margaritas and sangria like nobody's business.