Apple-bodies, can you share your height & b-w-h ratio?

Options
2»

Replies

• TheRealMrsRobinson
    Options
    I don't know my measurements right now, but I wanted to comment that I'm kind of glad to see that I'm not the only apple out there. I always feel like the opposite of most women -- I wear larger sizes on the top than I do on the bottom. At my heaviest 1.5 years ago, I was wearing anywhere from an 18-20 on top, with a 10-12 on the bottom. Now, I generally wear a 12 on the top and a 6 on the bottom. I have absolutely NO hips, even when I'm at my heaviest weight (I've been more than 70 lbs. heavier at times in the past than I am right now!), and almost no butt. I have quite skinny arms and legs. I carry all of my weight around my middle and in my back. I wear a 38B bra and even that barely seems to reach around my ribcage -- I've had to go as large as a 42B (which is almost impossible to find) just to reach around my ribcage. I could never, ever buy a suit -- I have always had to piece together suits by buying separates, because the bottoms just fall to the floor if the tops fit. Buying a dress is soo difficult, too, because I don't have a real waist. I've always considered myself built like a barrel with arms and legs.

I am a fan of "What Not to Wear" and have always wished they would highlight someone with my body shape, but I've never seen anyone who really resembles me :p

Do you think apples have a more difficult time losing weight?

Take care...
    Colleen
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I

No, I don't think we have a more difficult time, we just lose differently than other shapes. We tend to lose weight first in our legs. Our hip and belly fat are the last to go. Even though being a pear is the most healthy, I believe they have a bigger challenge. They lose on top and their bottom is the last to go. The luckiest are the hour glass shapes. The lose evenly and are ALWAYS proportional, even when over weight.
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I wear a 38B bra and even that barely seems to reach around my ribcage -- I've had to go as large as a 42B (which is almost impossible to find) just to reach around my rib age.

Buying a dress is soo difficult, too, because I don't have a real waist. I've always considered myself built like a barrel with arms and legs.

I have the same exact problem! I was wearing 38A for a while until a bra-fitter suggested I might fit better in a 36B. I wear that now, but I've always felt like my ribcage was huge too! If you look at me straight on, my ribs look very wide but if you look at my side profile, it looks like my rib cage is 4 inches deep. Whenever I see photos of myself in a group of girls, my ribs/waist look almost double of theirs even though I am at a healthy weight or even fitter than them. I look terrible in a tube dress so I try to find dress that accentuate the smalles part of my waist. It is very difficult! No amount of working out can shrink your ribcage unfortunately :(

No, but I would say our results are less noticeable because we lose it in places people technically don't want to (Chest or hips). So even if we lose 10lbs, we still look like a skinny girl with a big tummy, only 10lbs lighter. I've seen before/after photos of modest weight lost on an appke shaped woman... her butt flattened and her chest went down. The belly looked almost the same, or very minimally changed. I would say the challenge for us is that we've gotta build muscle to tone up our skinny limbs and pull our waist in, AND stay at very low body fat. It's tough but I'm sure the other body types have their own complaints. I know a lot of pears feel like when they workout (Run, do lower body workout), theirs calves/thighs/butt bulk up & look bigger!
  • muchmoretolove
    muchmoretolove Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I am apple-shaped. I am 5'8" and 110 lbs (on my goal weight)
    even though i am trying to maintain now and not change anything, my body is still apple shaped, with really large waist. I used to hate it as a teenager but i learned not only to live with it but also to LOVE it (it helps that Candice Swanepoel also has large waist lol)
    it's what makes me different. And my doctor said it's good for my future babies, they're gonna be comfy :)
    i don't have measurements though.

go you for being proud of your body and so you should be! does candice have a large waist? it looks so tiny on the vs fashion shows! i'm not very clued in on measurements but on wikipedia it says her waist is 23 inches.
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Im apple shaped. Dont know exact measurements but waist is about the same size as my bust. Happy with hips, legs, face and arms. Ive just started situps and soon yo go on the rowing machine at the gym as ive heard this helps. Ive lost 2-3 dress sizes in the last 4 months so im happy with my progress but would love to see change in my tummy soon. Ive heard cortisol re stress affects so im trying to relax and sleep more.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    5'5"
    Bust: 41.5
    Waist: 34 (what waist????)
    Hips: 38.75

Apple all the way. I have very broad shoulders, no waist and no butt. I am much happier than I was 40 lbs. ago though! Still a work in progress here.
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Candice Swanepoel has a big waist? What's the measurement?

I saw a few news articles on how Adriana Lima "got her body back" 8 weeks after giving birth to her 2nd baby... INSANITY! She worked out 9-noon AND 5-8pm EVERY DAY for those 2 months. And only ate "dark leafy greens & lean protein."

Sounds exhausting, restrictive & unhealthy. I wonder who watched & fed her kids all the time she was gone. She did look goid though! I wouldn't do it though... I would miss drinking milk
  • livlovra
    livlovra Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I'm an apple, but I'm certainly not a pear. When looking on the website with more body type options my measurements read as straight. My current measurements-

height- 5'8"
    weight- 174
    41/35/40

You could be me!
    5'7"
    40/34/39
  • anardini86
    anardini86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, my current stature is 5'2 113lbs. My heaviest use to be 178. The photos I posted range from 135-170. The thin/ most recent ones range from 113-117.

Bust- 34
    Waist- 27
    Hips- 36
  • sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    5' 120lbs
    B-39
    W-29
    H-35

I am classic inverted traingle.. I dont have a butt :'(
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!