Creatine dose?

Options
sam308lbs
sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
I just started Stronglift 5 v 5 today and brought Whey andCreatine.I am looking to maintain muscle mass as i am eating on a deficit(have a lot to lose before i eat at maintainance).So

Should i stick with 5gs per day for a month to avoid upsetting my stomach and possible weight gain(Water retention) ? Any thoughts ?

Replies

• WarMachine56
    WarMachine56 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Take 5g of creatine everyday, no matter if cutting or bulking. No need to worry about loading or cycling. Stomach problems shouldn't be an issue, and any water retention that creatine causes is intra-muscluar, so you need not worry about it.
  • timmyb057
    timmyb057 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I can personally vouch for the whey protein, being doing a shake in the morning and a shake after workouts (for about a month now), and I can definitely tell a difference in strength gain retention and muscle recovery time. Added a casein shake at night about a week ago, so probably to early to tell on that one...

As far as the creatine, I'm mostly in the same place you are. Bought some last week with the casein protein, but have been holding off starting it due to the water retention gains (been doing alot of research in the meantime). 5gs a day seems like the pretty standard recommendation (some call for more on workout days, pre and post workout doses if your stomach allows). From everything I've seen some water gain is fairly common, and it takes a couple of weeks (loading) in your system to really notice any changes. Hope it works for you...I think I'm going to hold off a couple weeks and maybe start the creatine after New Year. Maybe somebody with personal experience can help us both out! Best of luck!
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    thank you! will do