Too much lost?

Options
Do you think 3 pounds loss is too much in one week? Should I increase my calories? I have the fit bit and I have not been eating back fitness my calories.

I looked at my bar graph and I'm way under if you take into account my fit bit usage. I'm currently at 1370 a day for 1.5 pounds a week loss.

Replies

• BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Do you think 3 pounds loss is too much in one week? Should I increase my calories? I have the fit bit and I have not been eating back fitness my calories.

I looked at my bar graph and I'm way under if you take into account my fit bit usage. I'm currently at 1370 a day for 1.5 pounds a week loss.

Normal fluctuation could have piggy-backed on top of fat loss to make it look like you've lost more than you actually have, so I wouldn't worry unless there's a longer trend.

A much more important question is how do you feel? Are you tired and lethargic? Do you feel cold all the time? If you experience these symptoms you might be under-eating. BUT! If you feel good? Celebrate your good week with a victory lap around the block!! :-D Congratulations on the good week and your success so far.
  • andreamelo1
    andreamelo1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    no its not considering how much you have to lose it should start getting slower the longer you are on the program congrats so far
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I averaged around 2 lbs. a week over the last 3 years losing my weight, I had weeks where I lost more and other less. It is next to impossible to continue losing 3+ lbs. for any extended period of time, eventually it will level off. Just make sure your deficit is not to big, keep eating right, and get some exercise in. Your doing great so far... Best of Luck
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting this journey! In the beginning of your weight loss journey when you have the most to lose, I wouldn't worry about a 3 pound loss. Last month I had a 3 pound loss but I'm at the end of my journey and took it as a sign to up my calories.
  • seashell99z
    seashell99z Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Y'all put my mind at ease.
  • Luvr2502
    Options
    When you first start losing weight, it will come off easier and in larger amounts (some will be water weight though). Then that easy weight loss will plateau, and you will have to work harder to lose weight. I would enjoy it while it lasts.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Fairview, huh. You're my neighbor then =)

Anyway, with how much you wish to lose, 3 lbs of weekly weight loss is acceptable. When you get down to about 75 lbs to lose, then you can expect closer to 2 lbs and it will continue to be less of a loss the closer to goal you get.
  • seashell99z
    seashell99z Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Fairview, huh. You're my neighbor then =)

Anyway, with how much you wish to lose, 3 lbs of weekly weight loss is acceptable. When you get down to about 75 lbs to lose, then you can expect closer to 2 lbs and it will continue to be less of a loss the closer to goal you get.

Too funny of the bazillion peeps out there you found a homey. <
    That's the only ghetto I know. roflmao

I'm looking to lose 100+ pounds. I'm well on my way. 22 pounds since September 25. Goal of 30 pound by 1/31.

Thank you for responding, it is obvious by your physique you sorta know what your talking about. :glasses:

S
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Everyone pretty much nailed it on the head... but I wanted to add a bit of advice.... if you aren't weight training, I would suggest starting. Also adjust your macro's to 35% carbs, 40% protein and 25% fats. If you do the two, you will improve the chances of muscle retention. It will be inevitable that you will lose muscle but you want to minimize the amount. Also, this can lessen the chances of stretch marks.
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Your fine, weight loss tends to be punctuated instead of linear anyways. I lose 5 lbs one week, a couple ounces the next week, 6 lbs the next week, then regain two lbs the next week. If you feel fine, don't worry about it.