Birthday...

Options
areay22
areay22 Posts: 150 Member
So, my birthday is on Sunday!! Whoohoo!! I'm going to treat myself, since I've been without sweets for 4 weeks! Yeah me! But, I think I deserve something for my b-day.

Any suggestions???

Replies

• CharityD
    CharityD Posts: 193
    Options
    Don't overdo it! Trust me...my family had my birthday celebration last night and I treated myself to misery! I really didn't eat that much, but since I haven't been eating sweets, a little went a long way.
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!

Cold Stone Creamery Sinless Ice Cream with blueberries! That's what I plan on having for my birthday next month! :bigsmile:
  • marjaskow
    marjaskow Posts: 81
    Options
    This is a simple alternative to chocolate cake. VERY moist & a favorite at family parties. Servings: 1/12 of cake (huge!)

I box chocolate cake mix
    1 15 oz can pumpkin
    1/2 cup water
    3/4 chocolate chips

Mix all together & bake in a 9x13 pan sprayed w/non stick spray for 1/2 hour at 350. Doesn't need frosting.

If you're not a chocolate fan switch to a spice cake mix & cinnamon chips. Can be made as 24 muffins too, just cut baking time about 5 min.

Sometimes I'll save 1/4 c of the chips and sprinkle them on top before baking.

Nutrition Facts choc pumpkin cake Servings: 1/12 of cake
    Calories 248
    Sodium 267 mg
    Total Fat 7 g
    Total Carbs 48 g
    Dietary Fiber 3 g
    Sugars 9 g
    Protein 3 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg

Enjoy and no reason to feel guilty!!!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    We had TCBY last night, and I came in at under 300 calories and felt like I had a ton! I got a small low fat fro yo with rainbow sprinkles and felt like a 6 year old :happy: My recommendation is to check out individual servings (for everyone) to not have any leftovers. If you're in a big enough metro area (I know DC has 'em), those special cupcake shops might give you a great treat - but know you're going to have a TON of calories in one! No matter what you choose to do (stay in calories for the day or go over just this once), make sure you have a great birthday and get back on track afterwards :smile:
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the treat. You've done really well to withstand 4 weeks of no treats. I bet you'll find it doesn't take much now to satisfy that sweet tooth.

My personal approach to treats is to pick something I know I'll enjoy, regardless of calories, and indulge a little. Because this is an occasional treat, not an every day thing! To me, low-fat/low-sugar treats aren't worth the calories. I know others disagree but whatever works for the individual.