Is My Math Correct?

Options
Okay. I've been trying to do a little research and read the forums and even do some google searches. I think I have my math right and I'll start applying it next week to see if I'm right. Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Okay, with my current measurements, weight and height, I have calculated my BMR to be:

According to MFP, My daily calorie allowance is :

That means my daily food calorie deficit is :

Multiply by 7 days, and that means my weekly calorie deficit is:

Okay, in general and loosely calculated, 1lb is 3500 calories. If I want my weight loss to be appx 2lbs per week, then I need to add in some exercise to make that deficit bigger...right?

2 lb calorie loss = 7,000 calories/week
- food cal deficit = 2653 calories/week
equals = 4347 calories/week

So I need to add 4347 calories/week in exercise. I had originally planned on working out 4 days per week, but if I want to see that big of a difference, that's just plain crazy. No wonder my loss has been so slow! I burn about 1500 - 2000 cals/week. Increase it to 6 days/week and that means:

4347 cals/week divided by 6 days/week = 724.5 cals/day

That's not too hard, I normally burn over 500 working out for about 40 minutes. If I up it to an hour or 1.5 hours, I can do it (depending on how hard I work out). This also means that I need to eat as close or barely over my calorie allowance daily to make sure I am fueling my body enough!

Learning how this works really is a good motivation. I now know exactly (or a rough estimate) of what I need to do. No more excuses!!!

Replies

• sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    You need to find out your TDEE... then eat between your BMR and your TDEE that simple really
  • bhisken
    bhisken Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I went to fitnessfrog.com to the tdee calculator. I put in my stats for my ultimate goal weight. Then little to no exercise for life style. It gave me 1800 calories. I took that 1800 and subtracted 500. So now I am having 1300 calories as my daily intake. Most days I get it done. Other days I don't but always start over again the following day :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: