losing weight in 2 week increments

I seem to be dropping my weight (per scale) every 2 weeks. Have you heard of this before? What are some things I can do to change this?

Replies

• niko1999
    niko1999 Posts: 2 Member
    I have weeks like that as well. I can go and not lose one week(or even gain) but the next week, weigh 3 or 4 pounds less. I find this to be especially true around specific times :)
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Why would you want to change this? If you are dropping weight consistently, why would you care if it was every 1 week or every 2 weeks as long as you are losing?
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Why would you want to change this? If you are dropping weight consistently, why would you care if it was every 1 week or every 2 weeks as long as you are losing?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

why does it have to be a race? if you are losing consistantly then i see no problem...
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    It's normal. I recommend you read:
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html

(edited for wrong link)
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Weight loss is not linear. If you want to weigh in daily or weekly go ahead, but log your actual loss monthly. It will give you a better trend. If I weight daily my weight is up and down 2-3 lbs. If I weigh weekly, I might see .2 lb losses, but when I actually log my weight loss on or about the 16th of every month I consistenly show about 2 lbs of weight loss.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Do you need to change it? It is normal. Weight loss isn't linear. Some people will lose in a more linear fashion, but not everyone. I've found that the closer I got to my goal, the more I would lose in chunks: stay the same for 10 days - 2 weeks and then drop 2 lbs overnight. As long as the overall trend is downwards, you're good. :)
  • geecee77
    geecee77 Posts: 149 Member
    Last time I was losing weight (with WW) I would lose 3lb one week and nothing the week after.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    I think it's normal... at least for me it is...
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Yeah it happens - I get annoyed if I stay the same when sneaky jumps on the scale earlier in the week show a loss.
    If it coming down it's a win ... Gradual loss will mean less chance of saggy skin than a sudden loss.
    I put on 3 stone over 12 years. That ain't gonna come off in 3 months!
    Stick at it nana - if it's coming off, it's all good!!!!
  • jellybeanmusic
    jellybeanmusic Posts: 161 Member
    Same here with weight watchers, I found it really annoying as I wanted a loss each week, even a small one, and got frustrated when I knew I'd been good and didn't lose. But when I worked out that it was averaging out well even though every second week I was getting a good loss then staying the same the next week, I just went with the flow.
  • chrlslove7
    chrlslove7 Posts: 136 Member
    I seem to lose 2-3 lbs one week then stall out and repeat the process. I've noticed this happening for a few months now but haven't thought negatively about it. I think you're fine :)
  • Momonamission53
    Momonamission53 Posts: 13 Member
    I was only losing 0.75 lbs a week for awhile, I think you are doing great keep up the great work and do not get discouraged.