I'm just another yoyo armed with a pair of scissors...

Options
ARMED WITH A PAIR OF SCISSORS TO CUT THE YOYO STRING!!

I've taken a lot of time recently to reflect on my previous failed attempts at dieting and the main conclusion is I'm DIETING!!! NOT CHANGING MY LIFESTYLE!!! I read it OVER & OVER & OVER!!! Successful people AREN'T DIETING!! They are making changes that they can live with for the rest of their lives!!!! Me, I crash diet, give up after a week or two, pig out cause I'm off my diet-REPEAT. Over and over and over.

SNIP! SNIP!! SNIP!!!

Dec is not the best time of year to start making these lifestyle changes but I've got to do something and I CAN'T wait until Jan 1 to start. I know Dec is going to be a rough ride but I've got to try. I have 4 days in Dec where I have Christmas parties and for 9 days I'm on vacation including 7 aboard a Carnival Cruise ship!!! Dec is going to be day by day, hour by hour.........

My plan is simple..... Eat less than I burn! I want to lose 1 lb per week for the next year (50 pounds to lose) so that means I need to average a 500 calorie deficit each day. I won't food restrict, I won't starve myself, I won't spend hours in the gym.... I will choose healthy food (most of the time) & I will watch my portions. I have a Fitbit to track my daily burn and I will simply start with walking and weight lifting 3-5 times a week.

Friend me if you'd like & cheer me on as I CUT THE YOYO STRINGS FOR GOOD and begin my journey establishing MY HEALTHY LIFESTYLE!!!

Replies

• spoons81
    spoons81 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    If you can make it through the holidays you can do anything! Also, don't stress about taking a day off and splurging on a holiday. You're not going to spend the rest of your life never indulging, and holidays don't happen very often - just enjoy them!!
  • LisaRobyn73
    LisaRobyn73 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great post!! I totally agree...need to cut the cord and just make healthy changes and get moving!!! I need to stop being a couch potato and get on that treadmill everyday!!

BTW...that is awesome that you are going for it knowing you are going on a cruise!! I have no excuse now when we are at Disney not to stay on track!!
  • GinaMauricio17
    GinaMauricio17 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    awesome! good for you! i was a yo-yo dieter also so i forced myself to diet slow and learn. i lost 22 pounds this year (tickler says 11 but thats since joining mfp in the middle of the year). i took breaks between weight loss to practice maintaining. its great ive never kept it off this long and im continuing to lose. its the best way by far! and healthiest!
  • ChrisRoss_01
    Options
    May you completely achieve your goals. I believe you will. :)
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Sending friend request.