Anyone here to lose their baby weight?! Or run a 5K?!!

Options
Hi there!
I just signed up for MFP, and am really looking forward to getting the support of the community here. A friend has been using MFP and has just raved about it ... so here I am!
I'm a WAHM with three Little Ones (a 4.5 DS, and 1 yo B/G twins); before kids I was in *really* great shape, and although I lost most of my baby weight after my first, I'm struggling to lose anything substantial after the birth of my twins a year ago. (sleep deprivation and no time to get to the gym could be playing a big factor there! ;-)

But, I getting tired of feeling heavy and tired; my 4 year old wants to run and play with him, which I find difficult at this weight.

I would love to run a 5K next Spring 2013 ... anyone want to join me in the challenge?

I'd love to hear from you; support is key, and I know that there are going to be days when we'll all need the extra support.

Becky, aka Teacookie

Replies

• K1tt
    K1tt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, my baby is 6 months and I'm on week 3 of c25k. I'm back to my pre baby weight, but in need of some toning and weight loss.
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am a SAHM/homeschooling momma of 7. My b/b twins are almost 10 months old. I am here to get back in shape again. I have lost all of their baby weight and am working on some more for my benefit. I love the idea of running a 5k, but I need to figure out the time to do it. I want to start couch to 5k soon. Add me if you like.
  • IreneAdler221
    IreneAdler221 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I had the same goals as you when I started mfp about 4 months ago. I've lost over half the weight and finished couch to 5k (and ran a 5k race!) in that time. You are definitely in the right place for support and advice!
  • teacookie
    teacookie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of running a 5k, but I need to figure out the time to do it. I want to start couch to 5k soon.

Life with Little Ones doesn't always leave a whole lot of time for working out, I know. I have a feeling I'll be getting up early and hitting the gym before the rest of the family wakes up!
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I do most of my exercise after the children are in bed. It is about the only time it seems to work for me. In the morning, I am never sure when the babies will wake up and need nursed.
  • teacookie
    teacookie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had the same goals as you when I started mfp about 4 months ago. I've lost over half the weight and finished couch to 5k (and ran a 5k race!) in that time. You are definitely in the right place for support and advice!

I love that your goals of weight loss and the 5K are being realized - good for you! Can I add you?