Anyone have a recipe for the Morning Star/Boca patties

Options
1917Ashley
1917Ashley Posts: 100 Member
Hello all you amazing people! I am looking for some recipes for using Morning Star Farms or Boca meatless patties (or anything from that brand) as a ground hamburger substitute! Thank you!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    why would you use the patties when they make a ground hamburger? It should be in the same frozen aisle. If its not at one store, try another but I know they make one because i have some in my freezer and i got it at Kroger.
  • athens1000
    athens1000 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I agree with JustANumber85.. buy the stuff that is already ground up.. If you take one of the soy burgers and just mash it up, the taste is different , for whatever reason...

Ive used the ground soy to make tacos. Thats about it....
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't like the crumbles, but if you need it to be very ground beef like then do that. But here are some things I like to do with the patties.

1. Grits and tear up Vegan Boca in it (cook in microwave first)...such a good snack. Add some cayenne pepper for a kick.
    2. Cook some brown rice, cook pattie on stove or in microwave, crumble in it. Mix in peas, add cayenne...sooo good.
    3. Put in salad with guac, corn, and salsa after cook.
    4. In morning put in wrap, english muffin, bagel, or toast with scrambled egg whites, avacado, and (You guessed it) cayenne pepper