Not TOO "new", but still need more MFP motivation

Options
Hey all! I need lots and lots of motivation to keep going. I'll be sure to motivate you and try to be supportive as well!

A little about me...
I'm 18 years old, from Canada. I am currently 196 pounds, my heighest weight having been 198. My goal is simple; to feel good about myself and be healthy. I've been over weight for as long as I can remember and was teased about it all through high school & most of middle school. I lost any of the self confidence I may have had. I suffer from depression & anxiety, and have a lot of hate for myself. I've never been a very healthy person, never liked exercise of any sort, and was raised eating junk. I want to change all this.

I'd love if you'd add me!

Replies

• lrose50
    lrose50 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I been on MPF for two weeks. I find logging everything here keeps me on track. I will send you a friend request. I'm a canadian as well. Im older than you - I'm actually fighting 50 but being overweight kicks your self esteem in the *kitten* no matter what your age. Just remember people can only make you feel bad about yourself if you let them. Good luck on your journey.
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm Canadian too and older, but I had a similar experience growing up. Good for you for wanting to get healthy at your age, I was much older before I cared. FR sent.
  • ILoveBrownies_xo
    Options
    I know the feeling. & its great that you want to change. That's the first step, to admit that there is a problem.
  • NightWindEclipse
    Options
    Thanks for the friend requests everyone! Hope we can help each other.
  • no_more_baby_bearin_hips
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I just haven't had the motivation until I went into the doctor for a check up and their stupid scale informed me that I've gained 20 lbs YIKES!