200 pounds & 5'9 that can share their success pics

Options
serz81
serz81 Posts: 18 Member
I look at these every day. Your success stories motivate and inspire me. If I could see someone with the same goal as me, that would just encourage me even more! Please share if you have time, I really need the motivation. Thank you wonderful people!

Replies

• aimeelynnn
    aimeelynnn Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi I can't share pics yet but I was 220 now I am 194 illmcheck in with you when I lose 40 more!
  • teacookie
    teacookie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    No success pics yet ... but I'm in exactly the same boat; 5'9 and 200 lbs. I'll look forward to seeing people's successes too :-)
  • shrinkingsusie
    shrinkingsusie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" too. No, success story for me yet but you can add me. Hope to hit my goal by summer!
  • johnwest46140
    Options
    Started out not too long ago at 255 and I am 5'7...Weighed in today at
    223...still want to get to 180 before my daughters wedding
    next fall. My fitness pal has been a great tool for me. It really
    helps me keep track of my progress, and I get encouragement
    when I read others and how they are achieving their goals!
    Good luck to all..:))
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", so not quite your height. I started at 233ish pounds (see pix in the red shirt on my profile) and I'm now 168-170 and 26% body fat. I went from a size 20 to a loose 10 now. My profile pix is a progress/comparison shot from early June 2012 to last week. I weighed about 210 in that picture.

You can achieve success, just do it the right way, something that you can continue for life!! Check out IPOARM http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 for help determining calorie needs as MFP often underestimates. And do some strength training to preserve LBM. For reference, I eat 2000kcal a day and have been losing weight steadily, calculated via IPOARM.

By the way, OP, and not in a creepy way, but you have great legs!! :smile:
  • refinley2
    refinley2 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and went from 204 to 182 from September to December. I basically made half my diet fruits and vegetables, cut out milk, cheese, and deli meat. No fast food or carbonated soda (sodium). And I work out for about an hour three times a week. It's been hard so far, but I'm a third of the way to my goal of 140!
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 10", started at 221, and am now 146. My pics are in my profile (I've probably lost a few more pounds since my most recent photo on my avatar was taken). I've never gone through the process of uploading photos on this site and don't want to start yet another photo account with yet another photo site (photobucket I guess is the only one we can use), but they're on my profile.

I've been maintaining for a year, and my success is mostly due to changing my eating habits permanently. My exercise has mostly been walking, with some (very minor) jogging, hiking, mountain biking, exercise bike, and a teeny bit of yoga thrown in. I focus on eating lean protein and vegetables, with almost every thing else in moderation. If it's not lean protein or non-starchy veggies, I watch my quantity. If it's lean protein or non-starchy veggies, I eat as much as I want. That, with a few other minor things, works for me.

Good luck, you can do it. Oh, by the way, this all happened while I was in my late 40's and now I'm a tad bit over 50 and feel better than I ever have! Blood pressure is low, I feel healthy, active, fit, and wonderful. I can jog a mile or more if I had to, and I can hike a minimum of at least 7 miles at high elevation (I live at 7000 feet) without blinking an eye. Yes, I jiggle here and there, but who the hell cares, I'm 50 and fine with how I am now.
  • krystalannmiller
    Options
    Im 5'1", and i started my weight loss journey at 236lbs...im now at 210.8, and my goal is around 150...i have a long ways to go, but i know with love from our loved ones and support from our fitness friends, we all can do this!
  • Karleh
    Karleh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Well this is my 83rd day so far I have got from 105kg (231lbs) to 81kg (178lbs)

0sPeb.jpg

432254_10151096512106540_1125928435_n.jpg

53lbs so far so doing pretty well, hopefully want to lose another 25lbs. Would probably do alot better but I still dont really eat well I just cycle atleast 20km a day now and cycle even more if I want to eat something that puts me over my daily goal on here :P
  • Lbekah72
    Lbekah72 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Started @ 248 have lost 43.
    40 to go..
    Im 5'9 too!!!!! CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO ADD PICTURES THO..
  • serz81
    serz81 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Awesome guys. Thanks for your sharing!!! I am inspired!!! Today I had my son't xmas party, but didn't over indulge (what a start if I did!!) Very proud and looking forward to a month on and to have started a good loss!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!