NSV - Not a lot of weight loss in November

Options
Ktewson
Ktewson Posts: 10 Member
Only about a pound and a half. Which is not great for a whole month. But I have successes to report anyway!

1. I did not purposely buy extra Halloween candy and eat it all.

2. I didn't binge on Halloween candy when it was on sale after Halloween, either.

3. I took a ten- day vacation to Maui, and Thanksgiving happened, and not only did I not gain weight, I managed to still lose a little.

4. I made really wise food choices on Thanksgiving three different ways: in what I chose to cook, in what I chose to eat, and in how much I chose to eat. I made lots of vegetable sides, I didn't eat a ton of stuffing or mashed potatoes, and I had one regular-meal-sized plate of food. This represents a big change for me.

5. In another big change for me, I have thus far managed to resist buying great globs of Christmas cookies and candy and eating it all, NOT because it is "bad" or "wrong," but because it will make me feel crappy and compromise my goals.

6. Last but definitely not least, I kept up with my November exercise goal ("virtually" row across Lake Erie -- that is, do 92,000 meters on the rowing machine), even when I desperately did not want to go to the gym. And while I didn't lose a ton of weight, I can definitely feel the improvement, because this month's exercise goal is swimming-based, and I am MUCH stronger in the water than I was three months ago!

Small victories are still victories, right?

Replies

• gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    That's a major change in your life. Congrats! And another congrats for your self awareness. That alone will take you far.
  • melaniec140
    melaniec140 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Awesome, awesome, awesome. That's all. (And may I use you as a role model for my December?)
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    NSV are the best!!! Go you!!!!!
  • Ktewson
    Ktewson Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesome, awesome, awesome. That's all. (And may I use you as a role model for my December?)

Gosh, yes! Of course you may! :-)

My December goals are 1) to not do anything stupid that's food-related (so, no giant tubs of fudge) and 2) to successfully complete my exercise goal, which is to virtually swim from Europe to Africa. That's 8.9 miles, 313 laps in the pool. These kinds of goals are incredibly motivating for me; it turns out that I hate to lose more than I hate going to the gym when I'm feeling crappy, so I drag myself there under all circumstances.
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    What gerripho said. That's a BIG change in your mindset and in your way of relating to food and exercise. Those are major victories in my book and they will serve you well in the long term. Well done!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    LOVE these victories!!

There are SO many people who would look at the small change on the scale and give up - "I've done all this work, for WHAT?"

You are the perfect example of an attitude that will see you through to your goals!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!