New to My Fitness Pal!

Options
Hi, my name is Brian and am new to MFP. For the short time I have been on this site, I really like this site. I am here to lose weight and become healthy again. I am married and have three daughters who are my inspiration to lose this weight. I am here to prove to myself I can do this and my time is now change. I am tired of being tired and just want to feel healthy and active again. My goal weight is get back down to around 200 punds which means I need about 80 pounds. I have already lost 11 pounds on my own, but I am hoping this site is my extra push to keep going and lose the remaining weight.

Replies

• serz81
    serz81 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Brian. I am officially starting today too and hope to lose 50 pounds. Hope we can support each other and others on this journey! Good luck!:smile:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Welcome.
  • halimasadia991
    Options
    Woooo! i bet by the end of december you will have lost 8 to 10 pounds if you stick to it! ;D
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    You really have come to the right place! Can't fully describe all the benefits of being an MFPer - have FUN on this journey and enjoy all the wonderful successes ahead of you!
  • aynsleyjohnson
    Options
    Hi Brian - I am new as well and am excited to start feeling good again. Good luck to you :happy:
  • lnorton84
    lnorton84 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey my name is Laura. I have been on MFP for a while, but never introduced myself. I just got back on within the last month and am trying to find others who want to be motivated and provide motivation and support. I have currently created a new group to challenge each other and support each other in our weight loss goals as well. If you are interested in joining the group (which is to lose 10 lbs by New Year's) or just in being friends and offering support to one another please add me.

As for myself I am 28 years old, single, and overweight :( I am looking to lose a lot of weight by the first day of summer next year, and to challenge myself to change my lifestyle. My current weight is 202.4 lbs and I am only 5'1", so my goal is to get down to 135 lbs by the first day of summer. Yes this is a huge challenge, but with support I know I can do it. My goal includes to change my lifestyle, because weight loss is not the most important thing needed. I intend on challenging others to reach their goals and hope you can challenge me to reach mine!

Good luck everyone and Happy LOSING :)
  • FairyTerri
    Options
    welcome to mfp! I find the people here are very helpful and inspirational.
  • cmcmommy
    cmcmommy Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm not new ,been on here since June, Need to lose 130 , down 46 so will be on there for awhile longer. Feel free to add me. I'm on the site daily ( and more)
  • jigaraero
    Options
    Hi, my name is jay, new to myfitnesspal, my goal is to get stronger. I use fit bit and bodymedia to get an insight of how my body is performing, i am going to use myfitnesspal to add calories consumed.
  • Sweetmurie
    Sweetmurie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Marie . Started today and have given myself a 90 day challenge to lose 20lbs . My over all plan is to lose 100lbs by April 2014.
  • vcferlita1
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp. My name is Kimberlee, 49. I really love this site and it is really helpful for getting support and encouragement. Please feel free to add me.
  • krystalannmiller
    Options
    Welcome Brian, I am also new to this site...ive only been on maybe ten or so days, but just by joining ive already lost 5lbs. I started my weight loss journey exactly a yr ago, and lost twenty pounds then hit a wall...i didnt go anywhere for what seemed like forever. So a friend recamended this site and im slowly back to loosing again. I started this journey at 236lbs im now at 210.8, and id like to get down to ATLEAST 150.....again welcome, and know that their is always ppl to help when it seems impossible!
  • suckerlove
    Options
    Welcome, add me if you want