I weigh 132 lbs and I am 5ft.. not losing weight

Options
2»

Replies

• rurumomo
    Options
    Thank you so much for your support... i was thinking of trying that (keeping my calories from 1200-1500 and see what happens) and working out 30 min some days and others 40 min with strength training
  • tetecia
    tetecia Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Maybe change the types of foods that you are eating. I've noticed with myself is that you got to look not so much at the scale but at your actual body measurements/size. For example, the past 6 months i've yo-yo-'d up and down with a specific 6 lbs. No biggie to me since i'm not here for weightloss. However, i've realized that's because i've been getting rid of the fat and adding muscle. I also work out about 6 days a week. Probably not as intense as most people because of my own issues. But, keep at it. Sometimes it takes a while!
  • rurumomo
    Options
    thank you so much!!! i think it does just take time!!!! thanks so much for your support and good luck on your weight loss journey
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest to stop eating back your exercise calories -- Looks more like you're maintaining your weight :-) You may not lose it fast .. but closer to .5 lb a week instead of 1 lb a week. Give it a little time .. I think you'll be just fine :-)
  • rurumomo
    Options
    so How many calories should I be eating than if I exercise 40 min a day and burn 300 cal and eat 1500 calories? thank you I hope it goes fine for me his time
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    It is not only eating under your calories, it is also what you eat. You also have to log everyday, when I started on MFP I lost weight right away from logging everything. I did always eat right, but I didn't eat enough. By logging daily I increased my calories and lost all the weight i wanted ind then some. Of course now I have to eat even more to maintain my weight, logging is very important.
  • rickybluntjr
    rickybluntjr Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You're consuming too many calories. At 5', to lose fat at a decent rate, you need to be doing about 1,200 calories a day. But because food manufacturers always underestimate how many calories are in their food, I'd target about 1,100 calories a day and that'll have you actually consuming about 1,200 or more. It's not what you eat, but how much you eat when it comes to fat loss. Don't confuse weight loss with the more specific purpose of fat loss. Also, consider spending most of your exercise time doing strength training to build your body into the shape you want.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest to stop eating back your exercise calories -- Looks more like you're maintaining your weight :-) You may not lose it fast .. but closer to .5 lb a week instead of 1 lb a week. Give it a little time .. I think you'll be just fine :-)
    Exactly!!
  • rurumomo
    Options
    thank you so much I know i just been really lazy and need to start again.... I use to eat 1200 cal with exercise and I upped it to 1500... thank u for ur support
  • rurumomo
    Options
    thank u so much
  • thisisiamj
    thisisiamj Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Use this calculator to figure out how much you need to eat: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/. Since you don't have much to lose, I wouldn't recommend eating below your BMR. Also many people on here, myself included didn't lose weight until after 2-3 weeks of exercise -- your muscles tends to retain water when you first start exercising. After the first 3 weeks, I've steadily lose weight.
  • rurumomo
    Options
    thank u for you advice I'm gonna try the site....:smile:
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    You're consuming too many calories. At 5', to lose fat at a decent rate, you need to be doing about 1,200 calories a day. But because food manufacturers always underestimate how many calories are in their food, I'd target about 1,100 calories a day and that'll have you actually consuming about 1,200 or more. It's not what you eat, but how much you eat when it comes to fat loss. Don't confuse weight loss with the more specific purpose of fat loss. Also, consider spending most of your exercise time doing strength training to build your body into the shape you want.
    No...just...no lol. ^^

If you are working out intensely 6 days a week, your body NEEDS food as fuel. If you're hungry, you're not going to have the energy or strength to workout that much. Believe me, I tried doing only 1000 calories a day and I nearly passed out on the treadmill. I'm about your height, I'm 133, I work out 6 days a week and I eat around 1350 calories a day. However, that's just me. Don't let anyone give you a generic number of how much to eat. Everyone's body is different. I think at the point in your weight loss it's just a matter of being patient. Since you're so close to your goal it's not going to come off fast. You also have to take into account that maybe you are building muscle. You should take measurements of your body to see if you're losing inches even though the scale is not moving. Also, take progress pictures because a lot of times our body is changing and we don't even realize it! Good luck!
  • rurumomo
    Options
    Thank you so much!!!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOO
  • KelliW_runner
    KelliW_runner Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I don't think you are eating too much assuming the 1500 is accurate. Work cross-training into your routine. Resistance training (weights or body weight exercise) and cardio, both steady state such as jogging and HIIT (high intensity intervals) will vary the routine and challenge your body.
  • rurumomo
    Options
    OKAY THANKS
  • ivykiki
    Options
    I meet with a weigh loss dr yesterday. He wants me eat 900 calories the first two weeks, 1100-1200 after that! The big deal is net carbs, and protein ratios. 80 gm of protein daily, 40-50 net carbs. Net carbs are the carb total plus the sugar total combined!
    Increase protein additional 20 gm on workout days. Eat or drink protein during or after working it!
    You can enter this in myfitnesspal using customize option.
  • rurumomo
    Options
    ok thank u.....