Anyone else with PCOS?

Options
Hi guys, anybody else struggling with PCOS?

Replies

• PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Yes! Tons, myself included. There's also several groups on here for PCOS as well.
  • emmaaleanne
    emmaaleanne Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Oh it would be great to be supported by/support others with PCOS! How do I find these groups?
  • juliepoe208
    juliepoe208 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had it for the last 3 and 1/2 years. I got real sick with it last December into January and they had to take my ovaries and my uterus in February. I have felt tremendously better since. My recommendation (not sure if you have kids), but if you don't plan on having any more kids, get it all removed now as research shows PCOS can eventually turn into Uterine cancer. Mine was starting the precancer cells and us women do not need to go through that hell. If you don't have any kids and want kids, then they may try you on Metformin (a diabetic drug) that may regulate the PCOS some. You can friend me if you would like.
    Julie
  • emmaaleanne
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I am only 20, no kids yet, but definitely plan on having them so I'd wait a few more years yet to consider that- but thank you! Great to hear that you are feeling so much better.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    When you get married at 19 people expect it to be because you got knocked up. Not the case at all for us, I went to the Dr. to figure out why I was missing so many periods and not getting pregnant. I was then diagnosed ate age 20, I'm 27 now. My husband and I have had 6 miscarries and I've been in and out of the ER over the years due to complications with my cyst.
    I was overweight when diagnosed, and was told upfront to get healthy and lose 50 pounds. I did not listened and did not even try to be healthy. Fast forward 6 1/2 years I was 100 pounds overweight and completely unhealthy still. Then I almost lost my dad to a heart attack, and I began to think about my own health and decided this year to get in shape. I have lost a total of 40 pounds since January. I honestly feel like a new person, even though I still need to lose 60 more. I have had cyst swell and burst more frequently this year, but the pain has been less crippling. The last time a cyst burst I didn't even have to go to the ER, I was able to just take some pain pills and go to work. When I do have my period I don't bleed as long (used to bleed 7-18 days, now its 4-11 days) and my cramps are not as bad either. I do see my PCOS improving slowly and I have more energy and self confidence. I don't know how much this little testimony of mine has helped you, but know you are not alone. PCOS is a b*tch and people who don't have it will never understand.

It is suggested for us with PCOS to eat a low-carb diet or a Low Gluten diet (diabetic diet basicly). For you since you don't need to lose weight, I would focus on toning and building muscle along with eating healthy. I personally do Zumba 3 days a week and just walk the nights I don't Zumba.
  • emmaaleanne
    Options
    Wow, you've been through a lot! Congratulations on the weight you have lost so far! Yeah basically I am trying to get healthy to stop from putting on more weight, as I have already put on 20 pounds in just a couple of months. So I want to nip it in the bud before it gets out of control. And yes, Zumba is a good idea! Thanks heaps :)
  • MuchTooPuffyDuffy
    MuchTooPuffyDuffy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I wanted to let you know about a product I am taking for my PCOS. It's called Glucorein, and it has really been helping with a lot of my symptoms.

I'm not trying to get pregnant right now - but they are running a baby contest, so I guess a lot of women have gotten pregnant using their product.

It's all natural, and it doesn't give me any of the yucky side effects that I had when I was taking Metformin.

I believe it is also helping me lose weight, as well!

This is their website. Good luck, ladies!

www.nvnutritionals.com/pcos