Then and Now

Options
Christmas 2010 (314+)

WP_000132.jpg

Today (210)

WP_000124.jpg

WP_000144.jpg

I'm having a pretty hard time internalizing the weight loss. I was complaining to my trainer during my session this morning and the conversation went something like this: "I'm sick of people looking at me" and he told me "It's because you have made more progress in the past few months then they have made in years" "whatever" "really people have said it to me" It hit me that I am being ridiculous and need to figure out and work on the difference between reality and my own self image.

I am proud of myself, I just don't feel it... and that's dumb! :-p

I would appreciate the help of all you lovely people, so thanks in advance and keep at it!

Replies

• trishaeich
    trishaeich Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Holy crap girl, you lost 100 lbs! You rock! You look beautiful!
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    thats awesome great job
  • GmeB
    GmeB Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I totally understand this.been doing this also. you look amazing,but I do understand the head and heart connection thingy.Feel free to friend me
  • AngelRobbie
    AngelRobbie Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You look so good!! Try to stay positive and keep up the hard work! In time, you will feel as amazing as you are :)
  • rjvt006
    rjvt006 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Great job you look wonderful:bigsmile:
  • rosarenee1
    rosarenee1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    That is such an amazing loss! Good for you!!! I can't imagine how bizarre it must be to think you really lost all that weight! Keep up the awesome work. :)
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    what an incredible journey so far... keep up the amazing work and enjoy moving everyday!! =)
  • cindl24
    cindl24 Posts: 178
    Options
    You look fantastic. It really is amazing what a difference your loss has made. But more importantly, I'm sure you feel better and when you were 100 pounds heavier you wouldn't have had a conversation with "your trainer." So kudos!

I have the same problem as you do though. I'm down a lot less than you are, but it is really hard for me to see the difference.
  • lessofme65
    lessofme65 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wow, a complete turnaround, you are doing great. I know how you feel, alot of the time I'm my own worse critic, you're not alone. I'm finding out now that the weight is coming off that some of my biggest challenges are in how I think more than how I eat.

You'll get there, just remember that this is a process.

HIgh five to you!!!
  • nissamorin
    nissamorin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks fitness pal-ers! Never thought I'd fit in with a crowd like this community, life's funny huh? When the first picture was taken I was in the middle of my first MS attack and one week away from a week long hospitalization. While there I lost vision in my right eye and most of the muscle strength/function of my right side. I really thought I was done. When I did get walking again and life settled down a little I got my butt to the gym. My type of MS is a pesky little thing that comes back and goes away over and over. I'm pretty confident that even a major attack like my last one will not incapacitate me nearly as fully now that I'm smaller and (more importantly) stronger.

Though I don't post in the community much, it is always the first place a check when I have a nutritional or fitness question. You are all amazing and good luck on your own efforts to get healthier!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!