Cat is helping with weight loss

Options
LitaRose77
LitaRose77 Posts: 124 Member
I know, the subject line sounds funny, & at first, I didn't think it was myself.

So here is how my sweet little kitten, Sabrina is assisting me in my weight loss. Aside from making me chase her around the house for stuff, last night she decided that the apple pie my friend had given me had overstayed its welcome on the counter. When I came downstairs last night before bed to put the dog out, I found the box on the floor, scratched & bitten up.

At first, I was livid & I know she was probably just being a kitten, causing mischief; but as I think more about it, she actually helped me. I was able to throw the rest of it away (no choice now anyway) without having to polish it off. I have been having a piece at least every night after dinner since I got it. Not the best choice, obviously & more than likely a contributing factor as to why my weight loss was so minimal this week. It is too bad she would hate being put on a leash, I would so take her for a walk!!

Replies

• shev11
    shev11 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    this post made me smile
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I think that's a NSV!
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    We have a bread loving dog, a sweets (truffles especially) loving cat and another cat that well steal pasta. Too bad they don't steal enough to help my waistline!

JM
  • Blastastic
    Blastastic Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    e1crc.gif
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    haha My cats name is Sabrina too..

2yu0g86.jpg

Don't let the cuteness fool you :) lol
  • Blown_Away1
    Blown_Away1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    What a sweetheart!! :happy:
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Haha! Love it....now let me share how MY elderly cat helped me with weight loss. So, I was working downtown DC and lived in Northern Virginia (so 3-4 hour commute daily); working 50-60, sometimes longer hours per week.

However, I'm almost 38 at the time and want to lose weight...when am I going to work out? 4:30am? Really...that's REALLY early. So I set my alarm...don't really wanna get up....but kitty hears alarm...BREAKFAST!!! he's in my face, head butting me (he's really sweet, handi capped, 3 legged Persian)......how can you say no? So, every morning, I'd get up b/c the headbutting and meowing wouldn't relent, so....I managed to lose 35lbs in 6 months and the exercise was every day due to the cat. :smile: and yes at 4:30am every morning....
  • skittles1928
    skittles1928 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My cat put his butt on my pile of jelly beans. I was not as pleased with his help...
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Do it for the veins bro.

kittenliftingweights.jpg
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    My cats are kind of helping me too. I have to constantly chase them around the room if Peanut is being a little rough with little Marceline, or if Peanut is climbing where he knows he shouldn't be. Cats are good at helping, even if they don't know they're helping. lol
  • GomesDavid
    Options
    i love the tag line LOL...//Cat is helping with weight loss //
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    My cat helps by biting my butt when i squat. It makes me get up faster.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Love it...
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    :smile: my kitties help me too. they find stuff they know I wont approve of to play with! then they grab item and play keep away through the house. I also have a personal trainer kitty, she lays beneath me when I do push ups and planks so I cant fall to the floor or I would squish her. they helped me last night with arm strength too...it was claw trimming time!
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Yay. :)
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Cute!
  • shella_bella
    Options
    oh my god this is great LOL
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Cats are the best, I love my kitty :)
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    So cute! Gotta love cats
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    My chickens are helping me! They have a tendency to escape from the play yard. One day I had to chase them 3 times in 30 minutes.