cheered on (i think) by a goat

Options
I live in the country, and a number of the houses I pass have dogs who bark at me as I run by. No big deal, they're just saying Hi. Today, as I passed this house, I was BRAYED at -- there was a goat standing on the railing (!) of their front porch. That's a new one!

http://goo.gl/wvgSp

So what's the most unexpected thing YOU'VE seen while out running or walking? Extra points if you have photographic evidence....

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    A finger!!! Ok so I'm pretty sure it was a latex Halloween prop, but it looked pretty realistic. And I was in the woods...hmmm maybe I should have looked for a dismembered body!
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I walk a lot of trails way back in the woods. There are a few really playful squirrels that I swear run up and down the trail with me...They'll get ahead of me, sit and wait, and then take off again when I get close. It's so cute.

And today I saw 4 deer...They were saw beautiful! I got about 10 feet away from one of them before she ran off.

I like nature. Who knew?
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    About 6 fawns (young deer). That wouldn't be unusual except they were in an industrial area with factories on 3 sides of them.
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I was skipping on the patio at the back of my house and a fox walked out from the back of the garden, sat down and watched me skip.When I stopped it got up and wandered off!!
    Very strange experience!!
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Deer on the path ahead of me when running, goats in a shed - one was stood on a window sill looking out at us, and one time my friend and I ended up doing frog rescue on a run as the poor things were trying to cross a track to a stream and getting run over by Mum and Dads of scouts coming to pick them up from the scout hut.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I live in the country, and a number of the houses I pass have dogs who bark at me as I run by. No big deal, they're just saying Hi. Today, as I passed this house, I was BRAYED at -- there was a goat standing on the railing (!) of their front porch. That's a new one!

http://goo.gl/wvgSp

So what's the most unexpected thing YOU'VE seen while out running or walking? Extra points if you have photographic evidence....

I just wanna say......this thread is awesome. :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I was on the short section of my run where I'm running in the bike lane, and as I hopped up onto the curb to get out of the way of an oncoming bicycle, something moved off to my left. I had startled a hawk who was busy having his breakfast, and he took flight with the breakfast (a small bird) in his talons! He flew low just in front of and along side me for a short distance, then veered across my path (and in front of the bicyclist, who didn't seem impressed) and across the road. It was so cool!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It's farther away than where I run but when I'm on my bike there's a farm with a zebra and an emu. Just a bit up the road from there is an alpaca farm with what seems like millions of them who all stop and turn to watch me ride by.
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    These stories are GREAT!

The story about the alpacas reminds me of when I'm passing this same farm that had the goat -- they have a herd of about 30 cattle, all of whom stop whatever they're doing and stare at me intently as I run by. I feel like a Cow Celebrity.
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    this is great. :)
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    wvgSp

am I the only one to notice how green that grass was, wow.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    haha, this made me smile!

I can't remember that last unexpected thing I've seen, but one time I got lost running on a trail in the woods - now THAT was an experience.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    cute !!!
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Iam I the only person whose most unusual thing was flashers? Three separate times!
  • shrinkinginQualicum
    Options
    Early one morning on my walk I saw a woodpecker doing a mating dance for his female. That was really neat, he was all fluffed up, and hopping up and down and back and forth trying to impress her.
  • forasmallerass
    Options
    These stories are GREAT!

The story about the alpacas reminds me of when I'm passing this same farm that had the goat -- they have a herd of about 30 cattle, all of whom stop whatever they're doing and stare at me intently as I run by. I feel like a Cow Celebrity.

:laugh:
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Love the stories!
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    This past summer, I came across several "herds" of tiny lizards on the sidewalks of my neighborhood. As you'd approach, they'd haul *kitten* from the grassy area by the curb, across the sidewalk and into a lawn. Didn't matter which street, and this went on for months! So weird and cute. I miss them.
  • seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    i was running on the side of a stream near my property & came across a coyote. we stared at each other for a few seconds and then it ran off