Deleting Friends....

Options
When I came to this site, I was choosing friends according their weight goals - I wanted to have friends how started the same time with me , with the same goal I have ( loss of weight more than 30 pounds ) ....Now, I have some friends, who did not log in for a month...I see those messages, send them e - mail trying to get them back....What do you think about deliting friends who does not log in for a while and does not have any weight loss - I do not want to be rude, but when I see it, it discourages me... I do not want to be one of them... need your suggestions....

Replies

• skroll
    skroll Posts: 24
    Options
    I think you have to focus on what is going to help you in the long run. I hate to say that, but really this is a journey we have started and we need to look out for our best interests now. I know I have worried about everyone but me, and now it is my time too! I have made up my mine to loose this weight friends or not. Good luck to you on your road to weight loss.
  • tansyf
    tansyf Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't delete them, every time you see one of those messages, just think 'thats not going to be me', let it make you stronger! Good luck with your weight loss, you are doing fab xxxx
  • ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    Options
    i've deleted a few who i've tried to contact, and who haven't been on for months.
  • lazygalina
    Options
    I agree....we need to give a chance to each other and we are here for support...I have few friends....they are an example for me how to eat right, how to exercise...I try to follow them as best as I can....
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    cut out the fat - it is a weight loss site afterall! :)
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    When I came to this site, I was choosing friends according their weight goals - I wanted to have friends how started the same time with me , with the same goal I have ( loss of weight more than 30 pounds ) ....Now, I have some friends, who did not log in for a month...I see those messages, send them e - mail trying to get them back....What do you think about deliting friends who does not log in for a while and does not have any weight loss - I do not want to be rude, but when I see it, it discourages me... I do not want to be one of them... need your suggestions....

I have mixed emotions... part of me knows exactly what you mean about it discouraging you. I feel the same way. Then there's the part of me that remembers that I was gone for several months and what a comfort it was to have friends who hadn't given up on me... they were glad to see me back.

I have a hard time with some of the people who do log on all the time and are really negative... that's discouraging for me. In one way I want to be there for them - in another, it's hard to ALWAYS be the one lifting them up... ya know?
  • ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    Options
    LOL mworld
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time with some of the people who do log on all the time and are really negative... that's discouraging for me. In one way I want to be there for them - in another, it's hard to ALWAYS be the one lifting them up... ya know?

Ditto.

About deleting the people who've been gone -- I haven't. I have probably 20 people on my friends list I get those messages for. Every time one pops up, I comment on it so that it sends them an email -- something along the lines of "We miss you!" or "Come back to us!"
    Sometimes I see them come back which makes me feel really good -- like maybe I actually helped someone who was going to stay content with falling "off the wagon" (whatever wagon it is -- the being healhy wagon, I guess) and staying off. Sometimes they don't. :ohwell: If they don't come back, I just think "Yay, me! I'm still here!" & then post a little encouragement for them every time I see one of their "___ has not logged on for ___" posts.
  • lazygalina
    Options
    yes, I agree - I do the same - send them messages that I miss them and they need to come back.

I can not imagine how does it feels to come back and see a message that somebody does not want to be youyr friend.:(