40 WEEKS 43 POUNDS ... 40 TO GO!

Options
Lbekah72
Lbekah72 Posts: 89 Member
So today marks 40 weeks using MFP and 43 pounds GONE!
To be truthful I had a much more ambitious goal in mind for 40 weeks but I'm by no means complaining. I feel amazing and the fact its taking me so long has I think taught me the valuable lesson of persistence when instant gratification has often been my reason for failure (feeling like it wasn't happening fast enough then giving up all together only to be worse off 4 months later) I'm sure someone out there can relate. I needed to realize the concept of slow, steady and permanent. Thus far I've had good days and "bad"days and hit a few bumps along the way but kept trudging along slowly but surely. So I'm posting my first ever before and halfway photos at the request of some of my "pals". The three pics I choose are all from runs I have completed. Purple shirt (my first 5K), pink shirt (first half marathon) and my like totally awesome 80's outfit ( 80's 5k MudMash at Halloween).. Life is good and keeps getting better, this time..I GOT THIS!!. Thanks a million to all my "PALS" that have been such an amazing source of motivation and inspiration! Excited about the next 40 weeks! :-)
MFP6.jpg

Replies

• Lbekah72
    Options
    Well, heck! I thought I had the photo thing figured out but guess not! :-/
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    What a difference 40lbs makes.. good job!!
  • ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    So today marks 40 weeks using MFP and 43 pounds GONE!
    To be truthful I had a much more ambitious goal in mind for 40 weeks but I'm by no means complaining. I feel amazing and the fact its taking me so long has I think taught me the valuable lesson of persistence when instant gratification has often been my reason for failure (feeling like it wasn't happening fast enough then giving up all together only to be worse off 4 months later) I'm sure someone out there can relate. I needed to realize the concept of slow, steady and permanent. Thus far I've had good days and "bad"days and hit a few bumps along the way but kept trudging along slowly but surely. So I'm posting my first ever before and halfway photos at the request of some of my "pals". The three pics I choose are all from runs I have completed. Purple shirt (my first 5K), pink shirt (first half marathon) and my like totally awesome 80's outfit ( 80's 5k MudMash at Halloween).. Life is good and keeps getting better, this time..I GOT THIS!!. Thanks a million to all my "PALS" that have been such an amazing source of motivation and inspiration! Excited about the next 40 weeks! :-)
    MFP6.jpg
  • ce_fit
    Options
    Congratulations by the way! You look awesome!
  • AtlantaWriter
    AtlantaWriter Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration to me! I could relate so much to what you said, and to see how far you come is just amazing! Keep up the good work!
  • Karenvonw
    Karenvonw Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work. You have done an amazing job and are such an inspiration! You look great!
  • BuckeyeBabe10
    BuckeyeBabe10 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    The "img" isn't capitalized and won't work if it is.

This should work...
    MFP6.jpg

Regardless, you look fantastic and congrats on your success so far! I hope the next 40 are just as life changing!
  • Lbekah72
    Options
    mfp1.jpg
    mfp2.jpg
    MFP3.jpg
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Girl you did that...Congrats...
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job!! Slow and steady wins the race. Congratulations!!!
  • ce_fit
    Options
    mfp1.jpg
    mfp2.jpg
    MFP3.jpg

When u put your photo's in use lower case img not capital IMG
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congrats on doing such an awesome job!
  • Lbekah72
    Options
    Thanks for fixing my pics... I forgot about the no CAPS thing!
    :)
  • Alicia7519
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look great! Keep up the good work!
  • Katherinesfitness
    Options
    You have the most beautiful dimples and smile. Well done on your weight loss, you're killing it!!
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Amazing job so far and you look fantastic and are an inspiration to everyone! Great work :)
  • Lbekah72
    Options
    Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the sweet words... This was my first post and the response was so great! made me feel like a million bucks..:bigsmile:
    Thanks again.
    Leslie
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!