Any ladies with husbands in the Military that are deployed?

Options
My husband just left for Afghanistan about 3 weeks ago and he will be gone around 9 months. Would love to lose 60lbs while he's away and would love to have support from ladies in a situation like mine. I have a 22 month old son as well. Please feel free to add me. :)

Replies

• Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Hubby is not in the military so sorry, I don't fit into that category. But I have a hard time believing there is not another person in the same boat. So here is a bump. You can do this:flowerforyou:
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I was half-expecting this thread to have been started by a guy. Giggity giggity.
  • heidimaggott78
    Options
    My husband isn't in the military but he does work away from home. He will be in Angola for the next 2 years on an 8 week on/4 week off rotation. Its a far cry from what you are going through, but you are more than welcome to add me
  • starjewel16
    starjewel16 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My husband isn't deployed, but he's in BMT (graduates this month!) and then goes to tech school for the next six months. I'm hoping to lose weight while he's gone because I really want him to be proud of me (it's not my only reason, I want to get healthy this was just my motivation). Good luck with your journey!
  • ecronick
    ecronick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • ecronick
    Options
    I was half-expecting this thread to have been started by a guy. Giggity giggity.

Is that because it was asking for just women? A little disappointing when people automatically think things like that.
  • ecronick
    Options
    My husband isn't deployed, but he's in BMT (graduates this month!) and then goes to tech school for the next six months. I'm hoping to lose weight while he's gone because I really want him to be proud of me (it's not my only reason, I want to get healthy this was just my motivation). Good luck with your journey!

Thanks, good luck with yours as well! I was with my husband (boyfriend at the time) when he went to Basic Training and A.I.T. but was working at that time. It made things easier. Now I'm a stay at home mom and have to make time to get some exercise in. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Guess I don't trust strangers on the Internet ... Especially as former active duty and seeing the craziness that goes on stateside during deployments.
  • ecronick
    Options
    Yea, crazy things do happen during deployments this is true.
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    hubby's not in the military but will be contracting for the military in Greece. He'll be leaving in about two weeks and he'll be gone for about 9 months too before he comes back for vacation - then will leave again for another 9 months or so before we'll see him again. I've never been away from him for that length of time - longest has been 6 weeks, and that was so difficult. Feel free to friend me - my only plan for an anchor right now is to keep myself busy with getting in shape and looking good for his return home.
  • MissyBenj
    MissyBenj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You can do this!! Think positive, keep yourself busy, and focus. He'll be so proud when he comes home.
  • ecronick
    Options
    Thank for the encouragement everyone. It will be difficult but we have been through the long distances away from each other before. I just need to keep motivated enough to lose this weight. Would love for him to come back and be surprised. :)
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    My husband just left for Afghanistan about 3 weeks ago and he will be gone around 9 months. Would love to lose 60lbs while he's away and would love to have support from ladies in a situation like mine. I have a 22 month old son as well. Please feel free to add me. :)

Been there..done that.. gotta say the internet made it lot easier with emails..I remember back in the day when all there was snail mail and an occasional phone call..

I am no longer in that situation but you can add me if you want since I have been through my share of deployments..
  • MrsBikiniBound
    Options
    My hubby is a vet but he deployed 3 times during his 6years of active duty so I have been where you are! Add me if you like
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Search for the military wives group-- there are several of us doing deployments right now. My hubby is in submarines and has shorter deployments but it has its own set of challenges (no contact except occasional email, for one thing). He's been gone 2 1/2 months and I have been losing weight while he's gone.
  • ecronick
    Options

Been there..done that.. gotta say the internet made it lot easier with emails..I remember back in the day when all there was snail mail and an occasional phone call..

I am no longer in that situation but you can add me if you want since I have been through my share of deployments..

Yea, he calls every day. Thank goodness for the phone app magicjack. Free calls from anywhere so he gets to call us. I'm just really looking for the support to lose the weight. I have lots of ladies here at Fort Riley to help support me for the deployment but don't know many who are looking to lose weight.

I'll shoot you a friend request. :)
  • ecronick
    Options
    My hubby is a vet but he deployed 3 times during his 6years of active duty so I have been where you are! Add me if you like

Well thank him for me! :) I will shoot you a friend request. :)
  • ecronick
    Options
    Search for the military wives group-- there are several of us doing deployments right now. My hubby is in submarines and has shorter deployments but it has its own set of challenges (no contact except occasional email, for one thing). He's been gone 2 1/2 months and I have been losing weight while he's gone.

Sounds like a tough time but glad you are making something of the situation. I will definitely be searching for that group. Thanks bunches!!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options

Well thank him for me! :) I will shoot you a friend request. :)
    Got it.. we can do this..
  • slcostel
    slcostel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend left about a month and a half ago, and I'm having a hard time getting up and getting moving. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one trying to stay fit while I'm stuck here home all on my own