What's your favorite healthy cereal?

Options
2»

Replies

• Kudzu
    Kudzu Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I eat the Special K Pecan and Cinnamon cereal on the weekends (when I don't work) and eat a Nature Valley chewy fruit and nut bar or a Quaker chewy low fat bar of some sort--my favorite is Oatmeal Raisen, during the week when I have to go to work...Then I will eat a piece of fruit if I get hungry before lunch... I also tried English muffin's with ham or turkey, but I actually get hungrier sooner with this! Same goes with hot oatmeal for some reason....:ohwell: I have to change it up often because I get tired of the same thing over and over!

:happy:
  • hallswan
    hallswan Posts: 90
    Options
    Weetabix - keeps me full till lunch and I sometime put a sprinkling of sugar (not good - I know) other time I have it with Yoghurt or Berries!
  • sunshine92
    sunshine92 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Kashi with protein and fiber...its sooo yummy and it has 10 or 12 grams of protein and like 6 grams of fiber (maybe more i cant remember)
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    Product 19 with banana and skim milk!

yay! another 19 fan! :D
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Nature's Path Crispy Vanilla Sunrise- it's organic, all natural, and happens to be gluten free! :love: They also make a Maple variety.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I like Kashi Honey sunshine! It's not very good with cereal but a wonderful dry snack. 3/4 cup is only 100 calories.
  • fallingwave
    fallingwave Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love the cheap store brand called Great Valu Bran cereal! I have it with skim milk & a banana! So yummy & healthy!

Me too!! It's less than $2 a box at Wal-Mart and tastes great :)
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    multi grain cheerios is great and I am loving the Fiber One bran as well- keeps you full and is packed with fiber, hense the name :)
  • sdmcgowan
    sdmcgowan Posts: 13
    Options
    I like to eat cereal as my after dinner snack (formerly called dessert!) and have been reading all the nutritional info at the store lately on them. It's surprising how some cereals, even healthy ones, have a ton of calories! And 1 cup (most serving sizes) just really does not do it for me. I really need 2 cups which seems to be a "normal" size bowl for me.

Special K Red Berries has become a good regular for me, with only 120 cals per cup, makes it to be 320 cals for 2 cups plus 1 cup skim milk.

Others have brought up Mom's Best, and Cascadian Farms Organic brands and I recently discovered them both as well. I find them in the organic isle at my local Kroger. They are actually cheaper than the name brand cereals in the non-organic isle! They have several that come in at 110/120 cals a cup, so right up my alley. C.F. even has a Fruit Loops style cereal that tastes better than Fruit Loops and nothing weird in it. Love it!
  • sazziecee
    sazziecee Posts: 143
    Options
    I like to have Porridge, I get the instant microwave sachets the one that is syrup flavoured

I do sometimes get bored of it though and I will buy Special K, my favourite is the Peach and Apricot one. I only buy it when its on special offer though as its too expensive for me, there isn't a stores own equivalent of the Peach one either.

Occasionally I will have a bowl of my kids Cheerios.

I love Cinnamon Grahams and didnt think the nutrition guide on the box sounded too bad (think it was abut 185 cals for 30g with semi-skimmed milk) so I bought them and poured myself the same amount I would usually have of Special K, to discover that I would be having 50g if I did that, meaning over 300 cals just for the Grahams :(
    I have only had them twice and let me kids have the rest, shame though as they are so yummy, but 30g just wouldnt fill me at all!

x
  • artsyuno
    artsyuno Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean with some fresh berries thrown on top.
  • healthycat31
    Options
    Special K Original - love it! Sometimes I buy the Special K Bliss or a bowl of porridge for the weekdays too.