Got below 17% body fat!

Options
Finally! I got measured today and I'm at 16.8% body fat! Its the lowest I've ever been but I still don't look as lean as I'd like so I'm working towards 13ish% and see how I look then!

Replies

• stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    congratulations!! Thats about what I'm aiming for! (17% not 13%)
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 16%! Isn't 13% cutting it a little too close to the essential fat percentage though? Maybe 14 or 15? Just want you to stay healthy and lean. :flowerforyou: Great job! I can't wait to be at 20%! :tongue: My ultimate goal is probably 17-18%.
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    Finally! I got measured today and I'm at 16.8% body fat! Its the lowest I've ever been but I still don't look as lean as I'd like so I'm working towards 13ish% and see how I look then!

How?

Seriously - what kind of work-out routine, how often, how long, etc... ?????
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options

How?

Seriously - what kind of work-out routine, how often, how long, etc... ?????

I'm curious as well!!! I'm 30.5% right now and would love to be at 18-19%.
  • clcastro
    clcastro Posts: 17
    Options
    I did Jillian Michaels "Making the Cut" 30 day program and I think that is what really helped me get so low. The workouts are really intense circuit training and each workout consists of 5 circuits she suggests doing all 5 circuits twice but I did them 3 times (this would take about an hour) because I would really push myself and only give myself 30 seconds rest inbetwen each circuit. Then to really push myself I would run a mile and do the row machine for about 10 min after because then at that point you literally are just burning fat. On the "off" days I would try to run long distance then I was only doing like 4 miles and now I'm doing 6. But like I said before my diet wasnt as good as it was supposed to be so I could have gotten in even better shape had I strictly followed the diet plan she provided which I am trying to do now! ;-)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, that's intense.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I'm using ChaLEAN Extreme to build muscle, which burns fat. It also has interval training which is very helpful for reducing body fat. I lost 2 pant sizes in 6 weeks. I'm in week 8 now and will measure again soon. Personally, I like watching Jillian Michaels on the Biggest Loser, but I would not want her in my basement working out with me. I find her to be demeaning and shaming and I don't need that when I work out. Chalene Johnson is motivating and very positive. Just my 2 cents.
    Risa
  • mariena
    mariena Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Great job! Makes me want to check my body fat! Definitely going to friend request you, I want to see your food and exercise diary. I haven't had my body fat tested in a really long time. I'm 5'0" 99lbs, I think if I get down to about 95 ish I'll be around 15%. Keep up the good work!
  • sunshine92
    sunshine92 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I did Jillian Michaels "Making the Cut" 30 day program and I think that is what really helped me get so low. The workouts are really intense circuit training and each workout consists of 5 circuits she suggests doing all 5 circuits twice but I did them 3 times (this would take about an hour) because I would really push myself and only give myself 30 seconds rest inbetwen each circuit. Then to really push myself I would run a mile and do the row machine for about 10 min after because then at that point you literally are just burning fat. On the "off" days I would try to run long distance then I was only doing like 4 miles and now I'm doing 6. But like I said before my diet wasnt as good as it was supposed to be so I could have gotten in even better shape had I strictly followed the diet plan she provided which I am trying to do now! ;-)

is Jillian's dvd hard to understand?...most workout dvds i give up on because they are so darn complicated
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options

is Jillian's dvd hard to understand?...most workout dvds i give up on because they are so darn complicated

Jillian is super easy and straight forward.

She's a b*** tho.. lol... in the motivating pushing kind of way (to me). She says things like "this is NOT the way you do this, I WON'T give you a modification for a jumping jack... if 400 lb people can do it, so can you!!" (30 day shred 1).

The only thing I'm finding is that she *is* very strength oriented, which is fine.. but I want a more well rounded routine. I think I like having her part of that but I don't know if I want her as my sole routine.
  • abursey1
    abursey1 Posts: 36
    Options

Jillian is super easy and straight forward.

She's a b*** tho.. lol... in the motivating pushing kind of way (to me). She says things like "this is NOT the way you do this, I WON'T give you a modification for a jumping jack... if 400 lb people can do it, so can you!!" (30 day shred 1).

The only thing I'm finding is that she *is* very strength oriented, which is fine.. but I want a more well rounded routine. I think I like having her part of that but I don't know if I want her as my sole routine.

I have actually done Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred and No More Trouble Zones and they are strength orienated indeed. I just bought her Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism and it is ALL cardio...there are no weights at all to this routine. It's super intense, but like you, I wanted to have a more well rounded routine and I thought to myself, "seriously, how hard can it be?" and let me tell you, it's hard but you feel good! It's probably the best work out I have had since Day 1 of the 30 Day Shred and that was over 50 days ago lol...I highly recommend Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism if you are looking for more cardio!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    The great thing about circuit training of the type that she does (besides the fact that it helps you maintain your muscle) is that, when done very intensely, the idea is that it burns as much as straight cardio while you are doing it but there is also more of an "after burn" meaning that you keep burning more calories for awhile after the workout is over. Apparently straight cardio doesn't give this to you.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo! Way to go! I'm at 20 and I'm shooting for 16%!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!