New mom wanting to become a sexier wife

Options
Hello, my name is Paige and I am very determined to get this unwanted weight off and keep it off.

I have been an overweight girl my entire life. I was never a size that I was happy with. I love my curves and I don't want to be "tiny" but, I want to be healthy and I want to look sexy. My fiance, Mark has always been in shape. He works out, he eats right and he is the PERFECT size...Why is he with me? I ask myself that question every day when I look in the mirror. He loves me the way that I am and encourages me to lose weight in the most healthy ways possible since I struggled with an eating disorder when we first met. He has always been my biggest support system and the one person who made me feel wanted when I felt like just giving up. I found out that I was pregnant in April after we suffered from a miscarriage, of course I was excited. Now, I am almost 38 weeks and my midwife says that I might not make it another week which is extremely exciting for us, Journey Faith Anderson is almost here and mommy is chomping at the bit to lose my pregnancy and pre pregnancy weight. My goal is to lose 100 pounds and I hope to do it within a year. I am planning on joining weight watchers and being an active member of myfitnesspal as well.
I plan on starting up this program in a week or so and It would be wonderful to get some friends, support, advice, a few "welcomes" and some kind words my way!
Thanks so much for reading!

I hope to speak to some of you further on in my weight loss adventure.

Replies

• faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Your fiancé is with your because clearly you are an amazing and beautiful woman and it sounds like he sees every bit of that in you. God luck on reaching your goals and if you ever need help with motivation and support just add me. Good luck again and congrats on being a new mother!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Wow! You've got a good goal in mind and a great guy there to support you! If you ever need some extra support with your goals, feel free to add me :)
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! This is a great site and lots of awesome and supportive people. Good luck on your weight loss journey!!:flowerforyou:
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    I started (re-started) MFP 2 weeks after my daughter was born. I was very eager as well. I would love to support you on your journey.
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    You can do it, just take it really really slowly, especially since you are about to give birth.

Your body will need sometime to adjust to the major changes it will be going through.

Lots of luck to you on this journey and congrats on the new coming baby girl :)
  • jipsybird
    jipsybird Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of 2 beautiful girls, and I totally understand wanting to get in shape! I'm still working on getting to where I want to be, but I've lost about 25 pounds over the last year and I wouldn't have made it this far without MFP (I'm 5-10 pounds away from goal). It is definitely a lot of work but you can totally do it! Best of luck to you!

I would like to add that you will want to take it slow. Your body will likely take about 2 months to recover until you can do more vigorous activity. One thing that's nice... walking with a stroller or baby carrier! (I preferred the carrier at least the first few months ;) Congrats on your little one! :D
  • Queeniqua
    Queeniqua Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, Paige
    I just registered on here too, the food counting thing is great and you sound like you've got a great supporting system. Will you be breast feeding?? You should probably take it easy after the baby comes though because your body will need to heal. In the main time start eating really healthy. You know what they say, stick to fruits and vegetables. In a few months, you can look into trying new things I suppose.
    I recently started making youtube videos and you can check it out to see what I'm doing:-)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/EclecticYotta?feature=mhee

Congrats on the baby:-)
  • MrsAnderson_GettingHealthy
    Options
    I am so happy to see all of the wonderful replies. I don't plan on exercising until I am given the OK by my midwife but, I do plan on taking strolls with Journey and eating as healthy as possible since I do plan on breast feeding. I know that will also help burn a lot of calories which makes me feel much better! Thanks for everything, everyone!
  • cyndymar
    Options
    I want to be a sexier wfe as well add me CYNDYMAR
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Aww I'm excited for you! There's nothing like maternity leave with your first baby, all those lovely walks with the pram.

I'm mum to a 3 year old boy and an 18 month old girl and I piled on the pounds with my daughter. Now I've lost 51lbs (baby weight and more) and I'd like to lose another 10-15lbs.

I started exercising again when both of mine were 7 weeks old, I was very lucky and had easy births, just gas and air, and didn't need stitches with either, so recovery was pretty straightforward.

You could go for some walks now if you feel like it. Both of mine were overdue (my son 10 days, my daughter 12) and I was out every day!

Good luck!