Need advise please.

Options
Hi,

I'm 39 years old. 5'3 and 74 kg. I have lost 11 kg in 3 months. I'm eating between 900 cals to 1100 cal per day and 30 to 45 mins of exercise 5 times a week. Zumba or Cross trainer and weights for arms. For 4 weeks i haven't lost anything now. I don't feel hungry but the weight is not moving. I'm very depressed about this. What should i do? Please help.

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,006 Member
    Options
    I would say try to change things up, do a different form of exercise for a few days a week maybe try calorie cycling or increase your calories for a few days. I have found changing things up is the best way to get the weight coming off again. Our bodies get used to us doing the same thing
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Up your calories up to a level that is above your BMR. I'm 5'2" and eat at least 1300 a day and more than that if I get a good workout in.
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Eat more
  • IronGirlShae
    IronGirlShae Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You may need to do more strength building, muscle eats fat even while you are dormant. Don't be discouraged, many people hit a plateu for awhile, sometimes even for a couple months. Just keep your activity up, try new things with your work outs and keep eating right. Lean protein, lots of fiber and plenty of water.
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Up your calories up to a level that is above your BMR. I'm 5'2" and eat at least 1300 a day and more than that if I get a good workout in.

This is spot on.
    There is a BMR calculator here on MFP - but there are sites that also help you work out your TDEE and ideally you will "eat back" enough calories to fall between those two values in a day.

it's NET calorie goal you need to aim for, not 1200 cals only.
    And definitely mix things up as well, as others are saying - keep yur body guessing a bit.
  • queensturg
    Options
    Definitely sounds like you need to eat a little more. Eating an amount that low might help you to lose weight initially, but your body will go into starvation mode, your metabolism will drop, and your body will store the fat instead of burning it off. I know eating more to lose more sounds a bit off, but it will help your body to be healthy enough to burn off the weight.
  • thanuja123
    thanuja123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advise. I stared to eat a bit more and plan to change the workout routine too. Hope it works.