Whats for dinner??

Options
tamheath
tamheath Posts: 702 Member
My hubby doing low carb and I'm with him on that, as carbs are quite a trigger food for me. One cup of pasta will NOT happen with me! :blushing: Looking for some different dinner ideas to shake it up a little. Even if NOT low-carb, but healthy, what will be on your plate tonight?

Replies

• arfletcher
    arfletcher Posts: 143
    Options
    http://www.thatsfit.ca/2008/09/25/holistic-recipe-of-the-week-warm-spinach-and-quinoa-salad

This is what we are doing for dinner! Yummy and the quinoa is VERY filling.
  • afluegel
    afluegel Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Baked Meatballs with Tomato Sauce!

Preheat oven to 375. combine 5 oz of 95% ground beef (i use 96%), 1 slice of whole wheat bread crumbled into bread crumbs, 1/4 cup egg beaters and 1/4 cup diced onions. Make into 6 meatballs. Brown meat on stove and finish cooking in oven for 20min. Top meatballs with 1/2 cup of tomato sauce and serve with 1 cup steamed veggies.

I found this recipe in the curves book and it is part of the higher protein diet. I love this dinner and so does my husband.
  • tamheath
    Options
    That one looks good! Here's one I've had recently that I love, love, love! Makes a great lunch the next day, and a great fancy appetizer served in a martini glass.

MEXICAN SHRIMP COCKTAIL (Allrecipes)

Ingredients
    2 pounds cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
    1 tablespoon crushed garlic
    1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
    1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
    1 1/2 cups tomato and clam juice cocktail
    1/4 cup ketchup
    1/4 cup fresh lime juice
    1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, or to taste
    1/4 cup prepared horseradish salt to taste
    1 ripe avocado - peeled, pitted and chopped
    Directions
    Place the shrimp in a large bowl. Stir garlic, red onion, and cilantro. Mix in tomato and clam juice cocktail, ketchup, lime juice, hot pepper sauce, and horseradish. Season with salt. Gently stir in avocado. Cover, and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours. Serve in one large bowl or ladle into individual bowls.

Amount Per Serving Calories: 258 | Total Fat: 6.7g | Cholesterol: 295mg
    Servings Per Recipe: 6
  • htebaram
    htebaram Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Love pasta? Try using it as a side dish with a grilled chicken breast or other lean meat/fish, along with a salad or fresh steamed vegs.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Tonight I needed something quick and easy so we're having chili dogs, but healthified:

Sara Lee Whole Grain hot dog buns
    Hebrew National 97% Fat Free hot dogs
    Wolf Turkey Chili
    Cabot 75% reduced fat sharp cheddar

I know many people will argue against "fat free" or "reduced fat" etc. and that the sodium in this meal is relatively high, which it is. But I watch my sodium in my other meals and although i'm a little over for today, on most days I'm under so it all evens out in my mind.

I dont plan on giving up chili dogs for the rest of my life so I had to healthify them in some way.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Double post.
  • AndreeT
    AndreeT Posts: 191
    Options
    I'll be making my own version of Chicken Parmesan on a bed of spaguetti squash! Sorry no recipe to share as I've never made it before! lol Wish me luck! :happy:
  • mother23ts
    Options
    I grilled some salmon yesterday so I will have 3 oz of fish ans 1 cup of grilled veggies. Light and delicious. Grilling just makes food taste more flavorful.
  • tamheath
    Options

I dont plan on giving up chili dogs for the rest of my life so I had to healthify them in some way.

I am SO with you on that point!
  • tamheath
    Options
    Look at all these great thoughts! Thanks!