Law enforcement/nurses?

Options
Just curious if there are any other law enforcement officers using MFP? I have had pretty good success with the app, and hope to rally the support of others similarly situated. I am a federal officer, and love my job – and hope to find alternatives to combat returning to old, bad habits of being too comfortable with food. I welcome any new friends as I re-define how to achieve goals this coming year.

We share a unique and stressful occupation in which few understand completely. :blushing: Except nurses!! :blushing:

Replies

• taekwonkenpo
    Options
    State c/o here.
  • YoYo1951
    YoYo1951 Posts: 370
    Options
    Probation officer, work at the jail and the court everyday. Friend me if you would like. MFP is wonderful. It really helps you to see what you are putting into your mouth. It really adds up.
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Ive been an Investigator for 14 years now. I love this job more than any Ive ever held before. Still after 14 years I look forward to work every day.

You can friend me if you'd like...
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    RN here :)
  • irisannRN
    irisannRN Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm an RN :flowerforyou:
  • lovingrn
    lovingrn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm a RN. Med/Psych Fulltime. Peds PRN.
  • a_crotty
    a_crotty Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Medical Assistant for Oncology
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I was a LPN before I lost my sight. Good luck to you. Add me if you'd like.
  • BellaMJ
    BellaMJ Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am an advanced practice nurse- a nurse-midwife. The long hours are brutal on your sleep and diet- but so satisfying. After using MFP for almost a year, I have learned to replace stress eating with exercise and I now feel so much better. Its a long journey, but its worth it.
  • swonn
    swonn Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    How about EMTs?
  • Katherine1211
    Katherine1211 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ER worker
  • sammiz1
    sammiz1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am an RN working in an emergency department. I have been using MFP since August, and I have increased my exercise routines (outside of work) by about 100%...since I was basically a lump outside of work.

Nice to meet you and good luck with your goals!!
  • Giddyduck
    Giddyduck Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    RN here as well. Been a nurse for 15 years and find that many of us are not being good role models. Our giving professions do not seem to allow for planned eating and healthy activity. I am so excited to see others that are successful. I am working to change that now...
  • sara6795
    sara6795 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm currently a Criminal Justice student (senior). I realized when I went back to school that it would be necessary for me to be fit in the field, but had put it off for the first 2 years. Graduation is coming up, so I need to start getting into shape. I do not want all of my hard work (and money) to go down the drain because of my weight!
  • stehmari
    stehmari Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    RN here :-)
  • All_Out_Attack
    Options
    RN here as well. Been a nurse for 15 years and find that many of us are not being good role models. Our giving professions do not seem to allow for planned eating and healthy activity. I am so excited to see others that are successful. I am working to change that now...

I'm a nurse, too, and I definitely relate to what you said about being "good role models." Trying to change that :)
  • RNrunning
    RNrunning Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cardiac RN. Any night shifters? I find it's hard to squeeze in exercise. Anyone have any tips?
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    RN for 20 years ; friend me anyone if you would like. I do home health . Glad you like and empathize with us nurses !!!
    I have had slow but steady success with the support of my MFP friends, logging, exercising and drinking water. - 10 lbs in 3 months- the size of small turkey. Just such a blessing to have found a steady way to track and become mindful of my eating. My goal was to stop gaining and hopefully lose. I tend to get hypoglycemic when I work or exercise and then I was overcompensating by eating too much. Now I have a much better
    idea of whats going in and out both exercise and calorie wise so I am slowly dropping the lbs without the hypoglycemia. I am not diabetic but activity alone just puts my blood sugars low and I that is how I gain weight is by always trying to keep it up. Now I have found a way of life and a tool to help me to achieve my healthy weight!!! I was a little reluctant to put RN on my profile as I didnt want anyone trying to solicit weight loss advice from me or friending me for that reason alone. I mainly want to be friends with people who are like minded and positive people.
  • GoalByFifty
    GoalByFifty Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • rlwinton
    rlwinton Posts: 101
    Options
    Counselor at a prison, applying to be a federal correctional officer!