Self Reward

Options
I know that losing weight and getting fit is a reward unto itself but I'm curious. I've lost about 90 pounds already with another 30 to get to my goal. I'm thinking about buying myself a watch when I each my goal. I'm curious how (or if) others reward themselves when they reach their goals.

Replies

• RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    My husband and I will go on a nice vacation :)

I get a massage

and the wardrobe change is a nice bonus :D
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Yes reward yourself when you reach goal. You deserve it. You worked hard for it. And a watch is a great reward.
  • weflyhigher
    Options
    I think just being able to go jeans shopping and it be fun and not embarrassing trying to squeeze into big clothes will be my reward! ;)
  • bilberryjam
    bilberryjam Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Rewarding good behaviour is for dogs :)

As you say, your improved health, fitness, appearance etc. is its own reward.

Eat well and exercise because you enjoy eating well and exercising as you do it, not for the promise of something at the other end because in order to get what you want there actually has to be an end and that's not long-term thinking.

I think, in that way, rewards actually devalue the goal.

And the flipside of rewarding yourself when you reach a goal is punishing yourself when you don't, which has never helped anyone.

So if you need/want a new watch now and can afford a new watch now, why wait to buy it?
  • ohheyy125
    ohheyy125 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    This month I'm going to go harder than ever, fitness and food wise, so if by the end of December I feel like I really gave this month my all (which means I will have lost some inches and pounds) I'm going to buy some new clothes. I'm not allowed to buy new clothes until I can buy smaller clothes.
  • 041jackson
    041jackson Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I reward myself with 'relevant' rewards:
    -lost 10 lbs? I get to sign up for a new class!
    -lost 20 lbs? buy some winter running clothes so I can start jogging.
    -I've been running for a full month? Well clearly I need a reward! How about a HRM so I can watch myself get better!

Hope this helps!
  • Scarlett4355
    Scarlett4355 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Reward yourself with anything you like! It's your reward and you deserve it. A reward is a "I love Me" item! Good luck!