I've returned and I want to concentrate on me for once..

Options
Had a long hiatus from My Fitness Pal but ready to get back into it now. Could really do with some new friends to spur me on!

I'm in Bristol UK and I'm a writer and am in to sci-fi and fantasy. Recently gave up my (international corporate) day job to freelance so any ideas for saving money AND losing weight are also welcome!

Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:

Emilie

Replies

• josachi
    Options
    Welcome back! Glad that you are concentrating on you because you deserve it! One day, one step at a time. You know how to do this because you've done it before! :) Friend request sent.
  • joann1948
    joann1948 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back......I have started over many times, but finally on track. I will add you, and lets be friends and support one another....YOU CAN DO THIS.........Joann
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Had a long hiatus from My Fitness Pal but ready to get back into it now. Could really do with some new friends to spur me on!

I'm in Bristol UK and I'm a writer and am in to sci-fi and fantasy. Recently gave up my (international corporate) day job to freelance so any ideas for saving money AND losing weight are also welcome!

Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:

Emilie

Welcome back. Saving money and losing weight are often a difficult combination. Don't scrimp on food quality! That said, combinations of beans and grains provide high quality proteins. Invest in some good cookbooks and enjoy. I had a book in the 70's called the Whole Earth Cookbook. The recipe I liked best was for soybean cheese soup. I'm not at home and don't have the recipe with me.
  • naticksdonna
    naticksdonna Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! You're right - it is time for you! When you take care of yourself you are more able to care for others - took me 60 years to figure that out! Sent a friend request.. Have a wonderful day!
  • Anycleavers
    Anycleavers Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Well I know from my situation that one of the side benefits from eating less was that I spent far less money on food. I cut out all the fast food and snacks and most, but not all, restaurant meals. It's expensive eating out. It's a win-win!
  • journey4myfuture
    Options
    I too left MFP for a while, but back now to finally concentrate on me! Would love new friends to support and share in all the ups and even the downs. Welcome back to us :)

All friends welcome, just please know ahead of time that I do keep my food diary private and that's just from past experience. I do try to eat clean, but I'm not always successful :/