New members

Options
Hi everyone my name is Allison and I just started today. My goal is to loose 40 pounds by April :) I am currently deployed so I can eat healthy and workout alot! I am so serious about sticking to this and I will definitly post results!

Replies

• ambervaldez79
    ambervaldez79 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! What kinds of foods will you be eating? I'm trying to do a modified Paleo diet to see if the results are as great as the claims. I'm going to give it 30 days.
  • sammiz1
    sammiz1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi Allison!

I have been using My Fitness Pal since August, and I find it really easy to use. I am actually kind of addicted to the logging. I have learned a lot about my eating habits!! It has even inspired me to increase my physical activity. I started with walking and have "kicked it up" a bit by adding running.

Good luck with your goals, and thank you for your service to our country!
  • Piplula
    Options
    Hi I am new too! I have been having fun here and getting great advice! Be safe while you are deployed and thank you for your service!
  • mustdothis40
    mustdothis40 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I am also new. So far, I like what I see on this app! I am extremely motivated right now and would love to see the pounds fall off with hard work and discipline. Let's do this!!
  • DannaBoston
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Danna. A friend pointed me in this direction so I can keep track of what kinds of foods I am eating and their nutritional value. A little about me, I am disabled and non mobile at this time, so watching my food intake is very important for me. I need to figure out what kinds of food to eat to keep my blood sugar and pressure down as well as watch my cholesterol level. I need to lose about 50 lbs. and as I said, am unable to move much as I have no balance. Any advice for this is welcome.