The small and big milestones!

Options
I absolutely LOVE reading the success stories on this site!! The massive weight losses to the tiniest goals achieved! So I want to read more! I would love to hear your stories of your small milestones or your biggest milestones!

Mine is 7 weeks ago I woke up and decided to change my lifestyle and start to truly love what I saw in the mirror. I went from barely being able to run for 30 seconds without it hurting to running for 13 minutes straight & dealing with an old knee injury from when I used to be a dancer to actually enjoying eating clean food 24/7 and I have a cheat day once a week. I love doing circuit training, lifting and cardio, I love it all! When 7 weeks ago I just loved relaxing on the sofa with all the good stuff. That for me is my milestone. I still have half way to go, but I feel so much healthier and happier in my skin and proud of how far I have come already! :)

1.jpg

I can personally see a loss in my face and waist, and not bothered if no one else can! :laugh:

Next challenge is to finish losing the rest of the weight, get stronger and compete and complete tough mudder!

So please, share you're small or big milestones with me! :) x
(P.s I found it very hard to post this, ha! So if you're like me, just go for it!)

Edit: I weigh myself monthly and haven't in over three weeks, so not sure how much weight I've fully lost yet! :)

Replies

• Gemalar
    Gemalar Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My fitness levels are rising which makes me mega happy because it makes my job easier, but I just feel better about myself in general! I still got a way to go and its been slow but im getting there. You look fab btw well done on your achievement so far. :flowerforyou:
  • kimbolay7
    kimbolay7 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My fitness levels are rising which makes me mega happy because it makes my job easier, but I just feel better about myself in general! I still got a way to go and its been slow but im getting there. You look fab btw well done on your achievement so far. :flowerforyou:

Amazing! :) I love that feeling of being able to do more than you once could! And thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • partonjl
    Options
    You look great! I can see a big difference in you! :happy:
  • kooldog1968
    Options
    I have to say that my biggest milestone came in 2001 when I began my journey at 350lbs the career that I had at the time was literally killing me, bad eating habits drinking in excess. I changed careers and I basically needed to be fit to be safe by 2003 I was down to 250lbs and i loved,felt and looked great I even took up power lifting. Needless to say in 2008 I took up a different career with more pay and ended up on my old eating habits not so much on drinking but still drinking and got back up to 314 lbs by June of this year,
    Unfortunately it took a health scare to give me the kick in the butt that I needed to start over again, I have been yoyoing for the past couple of months and been down to 283lbs and now back up to 298lbs. Yesterday I looked in the mirror and I was tired of what I saw. Today I got up early and stopped making excuses and started my new milestone, I WILL meet my goal of 225lbs by summers end. I know the dicipline I've done it before and I WILL do it again.
    I thank you for posting your message , it made me reflect on what I how happy I used to be, I'm still a happy person just not with myself and thats all about to change
    Good luck on your journey
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Wonderful progress! I can totally see a change.

As for me I can jog faster and further than I could in high school (a big deal for me because I have vein damage now in my leg).

I also stopped throwing out my back. At my heaviest I couldn't seem to bend over to do anything without having a sore back for a day or two.

And just one more that took me by surprise. I can now squat lower/longer without it hurting. And not because I exercised, but just by having less leg mass. I never would have thought it would make such a difference but now I can squat down to see something without it hurting. :)
  • shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    You can totally see the difference, nut I think you nailed it, it's feeling how different your body performs that is the best indicator of your achievment! Great job!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    for me it was doing my 1st exercise program ( 30ds) and noticing how my endurance got better during that process... that when i re did it months later it was so much easier to complete.
  • Yolanda4160
    Yolanda4160 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    For me, I was starting out so heavy that I could barely jog. But as the weeks and months went on, walking turned into jogging. And eventually jogging turned into a gym membership. I feel like I am in the best health I have ever been. I'm still a work in progress, but I am proud that I took the first step in January to improve my health :smile:
  • kimbolay7
    Options
    I have to say that my biggest milestone came in 2001 when I began my journey at 350lbs the career that I had at the time was literally killing me, bad eating habits drinking in excess. I changed careers and I basically needed to be fit to be safe by 2003 I was down to 250lbs and i loved,felt and looked great I even took up power lifting. Needless to say in 2008 I took up a different career with more pay and ended up on my old eating habits not so much on drinking but still drinking and got back up to 314 lbs by June of this year,
    Unfortunately it took a health scare to give me the kick in the butt that I needed to start over again, I have been yoyoing for the past couple of months and been down to 283lbs and now back up to 298lbs. Yesterday I looked in the mirror and I was tired of what I saw. Today I got up early and stopped making excuses and started my new milestone, I WILL meet my goal of 225lbs by summers end. I know the dicipline I've done it before and I WILL do it again.
    I thank you for posting your message , it made me reflect on what I how happy I used to be, I'm still a happy person just not with myself and thats all about to change
    Good luck on your journey

I wish you luck on your journey!! The first step is making that decision. When you've hit your goal, I wanna know about it! :)
  • kimbolay7
    Options
    Wonderful progress! I can totally see a change.

As for me I can jog faster and further than I could in high school (a big deal for me because I have vein damage now in my leg).

I also stopped throwing out my back. At my heaviest I couldn't seem to bend over to do anything without having a sore back for a day or two.

And just one more that took me by surprise. I can now squat lower/longer without it hurting. And not because I exercised, but just by having less leg mass. I never would have thought it would make such a difference but now I can squat down to see something without it hurting. :)

Amazing!! Good luck on the rest of your journey :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!