Starting Strength

Options
Does anyone else here a Starting Strengh-er? I've recently started lifting with my husband. I feel a bit intimidated getting to know people in that crowd.

Replies

• Tigermad
    Tigermad Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I am moving from NROLFW to starting strength on Sunday. I am only half way in NROLFW but feel I want to do bigger moves like in ss. I am trying to get my husband involved so he can spot me and also do a set when I am resting. I can't wait to try it out.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I plan to once I finish NROL4W. Will be doing it alone.
  • AleliH1
    AleliH1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I started Starting Strength 3 months ago. It was a bit tricky to learn the lifts at first, but with my husband's help (he is also doing SS) I'm starting to get my technique down.

It is great to find other women doing SS! How is the program working out for you ladies?
  • Remo_Williams
    Options
    You may also want to go over to www.fitocracy.com. It's a great community that is focused on general exercise and weight training. There are groups dedicated to Starting Strength where you can get lots of pointers.

I use MFP for tracking nutrition and Fitocracy for tracking exercise. (There is also a MFP group on Fito. that you can join!)
  • AleliH1
    AleliH1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You may also want to go over to www.fitocracy.com. It's a great community that is focused on general exercise and weight training. There are groups dedicated to Starting Strength where you can get lots of pointers.

I use MFP for tracking nutrition and Fitocracy for tracking exercise. (There is also a MFP group on Fito. that you can join!)

Thanks for the info, Remo.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Wife and I did it for a while. She got up to a 215 deadlift and 190 squat doing it in a few months!