Does Fitbit One count steps accurately clipped to a bra?

Options
I'm looking at getting a Fitbit One and would like to know if the step count is accurate when clipped in to a bra; how does it compare to keeping it at waist level?

Thanks

Replies

• funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Sure it does. In fact, I think that's fitbit's recommended place to be clipped with a chest pocket being the alternative for men and /then/ the waist if all else fails. However, I like wearing it on my waist better. I've noticed that the fitbit doesn't pick up pacing very well when you wear it on your chest, and I do a lot of "short-distance' walking at work which should still count in my opinion.
  • morgan_pope
    morgan_pope Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Zip and it is pretty accurate when clipped to your bra so long as you move your torso (i.e. swing your arms) when you walk. I noticed that sometimes when I was walking slowly, I didn't swing my arms as much so my count was a little lower (thinking that the Zip didn't realize I was walking b/c it wasn't moving), so I have recently started to wear it on my waist to make sure that I get the most accurate reading. Truthfully, I haven't seen too much of a difference b/w the locations, but I usually walk fast enough for my arms to move in-time with my steps.

Hope this helps!
  • tegantheaverage
    tegantheaverage Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! Does anyone know if it's accurate for running?
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Should be ok. HRM will be MORE accurate though.
  • taylor_lynn
    Options
    I use a HRM in conjunction with Endomondo. Fitbit does a pretty good job with running, but HRMs are always the most accurate. I have also found that clipping to my bra does not count the little steps I do at work or short distances very well (because of not enough torso movement) so I put inside the little tiny pocket that is inside your normal pocket so it doesn't have the option to go anywhere =). Get one - you'll love it.
  • MelissaOnPurpose
    MelissaOnPurpose Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    So the fitbit one doesn't count calories burned as well as the HRM does? That is one of the reasons I bought the fitbit one. :( Please tell me I misunderstood. :)
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    So the fitbit one doesn't count calories burned as well as the HRM does? That is one of the reasons I bought the fitbit one. :( Please tell me I misunderstood. :)

Depends on the exercise. Fitbit pretty good for running and walking but HRM will be MORE accurate. HRM definitely better for things like cycling. Fitbit good for general activity. Lots of people use HRM for exercise and fitbit the rest of the time. Nothing is perfect. HRM can't be used for general activity.