NSV Double-header!

Options
So far on this journey, I've lost 74 lbs in 5 months. Still, I'm not even halfway to my goal yet. But today I managed to jog my first official 5K! It was an extremely slow jog (45 min.), but I jogged the whole 3.11 miles non-stop. Just a couple of months ago, I couldn't even jog 60 seconds without feeling like I was going to die. So this was quite the accomplishment for me.

Jingle20Bell20Run202012-20First205K.jpg

Jingle20Bell20Run-201st205K20Finish20Line.jpg

As if I wasn't already on cloud 9 from just completing my first 5K, on my way home I stopped by the corner gas station for a water. I hadn't been in there for several months, and when I walked in the girl at the counter said, "my gosh you've lost a lot of weight!" I never have frequented the place much, so I was suprised she even knew who I was. I think I need to start going there more often though! lol

Replies

• mystry11
    Options
    Hi yah wow fantastic job keep it up don't stop running now you are on a roll set those goals for more marathons good luck :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • watatic03
    watatic03 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! 10K is next!
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    how awesome!! great NSVs!!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    YOU GO BOY! Progress is progress, you're on the way!
  • 45fan
    45fan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Nothing tastes as good as victory! Proud for you! Keep it up, 10K is next for sure!
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Job well done.
  • kkochenber
    Options
    WOW, that is a great day! You did awesome! Way to go ,
  • jeffwagstaff
    Options
    Outstanding!.. Those are the things that really help with motivation.. Congratulations on the new fitness level !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!