B4 & After pics before theres an After......

Options
Would like to know some thoughts on how you feel about Posting "before" pictures of yourself before theres and After that shows your hard work.

Ive been fighting back and fourth with myself about posting mine.
One part of me feels like.. Sure post them, that will help you stay accountable since now the whole world (i know its not, but might as well be) has seen you at one of the lowest points of your life.Basically An everyday reminder that umm Cassie youve gotta do something to make those pictures a "I cant believe you were that big" conversation. Make them pictures that I will be proud to show off when im able to say "look at me now!"
And then theres the OTHER part of me that is SCARED TO DEATH to post them. Im afraid that my plan to use them as motivation will back fire on me and Ill fall back into my give up hole.

SO.....whats your take??? Have you posted before pics before an after.... did it help?

Replies

• apparatic
    apparatic Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, Cassie,

I think before pictures (and "along the way" pictures) are an important measurement. You shouldn't feel obligated to post them online, but I would definitely take pictures of yourself from the front and the side. I'd keep doing that every 2-4 weeks so you can track progress. Sometimes the best gains aren't going to be directly reflected on the scale; it's nice to have other ways of tracking your progress and seeing how far you've come!
  • WAScassie
    WAScassie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your comment. I dont think that I will post them just yet.... :)
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    i think u should go to my profile and check out the links to mine...i was scared out of my mind to do it too...but u get alot of great feedback and support...also FR from ppl with simular goals and body types. dont be ashamed to brag about ur progress a little! it helps give u a kick to keep heading in the right direction too. do it up girlie! be proud!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Even if you do not post them online please take them... at 560 lbs. the last thing I wanted to have was a picture of me but when I began this journey my wife knew I would want a pic at my heaviest so she took a picture of me on the mower.. Only picture I have a my max weight minus my driver license I got the month before I start my journey.. I lost over 130 lbs. before I allowed the first pictures of me to be taken and it was only then that she showed me the picture she took.. Looking back now I wish just for my own sake I would have had pictures over that first 130 lbs. I lost...... Best of Luck...
  • SarahSwimmer
    SarahSwimmer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi, Cassie,

I think before pictures (and "along the way" pictures) are an important measurement. You shouldn't feel obligated to post them online, but I would definitely take pictures of yourself from the front and the side. I'd keep doing that every 2-4 weeks so you can track progress. Sometimes the best gains aren't going to be directly reflected on the scale; it's nice to have other ways of tracking your progress and seeing how far you've come!

I agree. I didn't want to take any but I'm so glad I did. I look like I've lost so much more than 17 pounds because increased muscle change my shape to smaller and sexier than the scale would tell me. I wish I had taken a ton of measurement then too!

My advise? Take the pictures, weigh yourself, and measure several different parts of your body and record. If you plan on working out and strength training I can guarantee that the pictures and measurements will be better indicators of health and overall hotness. (The scale will report the fat you've lost but also the muscle you've gained- difficult to tell exactly whats going on).

Decide later if you want to post them. I only posted them after I had lost weight and my whole body shape had changed- but I did it so others could see that even though I "only" lost 17 pounds, I almost looked like a totally different person because of the muscle I had gained.

You may want to post them now though because others like to see what other real people who are their weight look like. Also, it's a very brave and honest thing to do, and it might be fun for your pals here to watch you morph in "real time".

My hat's off to you for being willing to be so open. :)
  • WAScassie
    Options
    Thanks so much Ed and Ms, I really do appreciate your opinion and advice. And Ed I have to say.... YOU just inspired me!!!! Youre a Machine!!!! And Ms...you LOOK AMAZING!!!
  • WAScassie
    Options
    Sarah,
    Thank you for the advice. I have taken several pictures, and my husband swears that Im being way to hard on myself and that I should just go ahead a do it. He said the same thing, that there may be people out there who want and actually need to see that real people with the same weight issues are going in to this full speed ahead. That we do exist.
    Im new to myfitness pal so I really dont know anyone, and thats partly whats holding me back frm just going all in and posting them...I figure that I dont even like looking at myself so how could anyone else find inspiration from the pictures. But that brings me back to the fact that Im going to be forever changing my body and my health, becoming a leaner, healthier me...so why not post a few pics that will never be me again, and that could possibly help someone else.
    Anyways...again, Thank you for the kind words and great advice.